The Student Room Group

Maths

So i do Maths, further maths and Physics , i am predicted A*AC as follows , i am probably going to get either A*AD or AAD with the way yesterdays physics exam went :/ and depending on how C4 goes! I do want to study Maths at university however my Physics grade does let me down a lot! I was thinking if i got AAD and i never got accepted into my firm or insurance which is University of Leeds & University of Liverpool , should i do a 2 year Btec course next year within 1 year alongside resitting a few maths and further modules to get A*'s in both of them? Will a russell group uni accept me with AAD and a Distinction*?
Original post by Ayaz789
So i do Maths, further maths and Physics , i am predicted A*AC as follows , i am probably going to get either A*AD or AAD with the way yesterdays physics exam went :/ and depending on how C4 goes! I do want to study Maths at university however my Physics grade does let me down a lot! I was thinking if i got AAD and i never got accepted into my firm or insurance which is University of Leeds & University of Liverpool , should i do a 2 year Btec course next year within 1 year alongside resitting a few maths and further modules to get A*'s in both of them? Will a russell group uni accept me with AAD and a Distinction*?

No Btec in my opinion
Either gap year and improve or take clearance
Reply 2
Original post by ODES_PDES
No Btec in my opinion
Either gap year and improve or take clearance

Okay but like Manchester main like accept Btec now don't they?
Original post by Ayaz789
Okay but like Manchester main like accept Btec now don't they?

Btec is 2 years!
It is best to redo some modules and take another year. (my opinion)
Reply 4
Btec is 2 years!
It is best to redo some modules and take another year. (my opinion)

Yeahh i appreciate your opinion! In my college i can do Btec in 1 year as thats the only thing ill be doing and resitting a few maths modules ygm?
The thing is that i messed up unit 2 physics this year and wont be able to resit that next year? :/
Original post by Ayaz789
Yeahh i appreciate your opinion! In my college i can do Btec in 1 year as thats the only thing ill be doing and resitting a few maths modules ygm?
The thing is that i messed up unit 2 physics this year and wont be able to resit that next year? :/

Then maybe it makes more sense
Reply 6
Then maybe it makes more sense

What makes sense? Doing another year of a level physics , or a year of Btec?
Original post by Ayaz789
What makes sense? Doing another year of a level physics , or a year of Btec?

BTec
Reply 8
BTec

Ahh thanks! But like will Rg unis accept ?
Original post by Ayaz789
Ahh thanks! But like will Rg unis accept ?

You will have to ring their Maths dept individually
Reply 10
You will have to ring their Maths dept individually

Okay np
Reply 11
Anyone else wanna give their opinion?
Reply 12
Original post by Ayaz789
Anyone else wanna give their opinion?

I did a 90-credit Level 3 BTEC in IT (1 year course, I did it in 4 months :tongue:), and achieved D*D*. I then went on to study A-levels in maths, further maths and physics and I'm predicted A*A*A, respectively. The BTEC lowered my offer to study Computer Science at Durham from A*AA to simply AB.

So I can fail one A-level and still get in.

It's a good route providing the academic departments accept it. Durham only accepted the BTEC because it was IT. They would not accept any other BTEC for my course.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by oinkk
I did a 90-credit Level 3 BTEC in IT (1 year course, I did it in 4 months :tongue:), and achieved D*D*. I then went on to study A-levels in maths, further maths and physics and I'm predicted A*A*A, respectively. The BTEC lowered my offer to study Computer Science at Durham from A*AA to simply AB.

So I can fail one A-level and still get in.

It's a good route providing the academic departments accept it. Durham only accepted the BTEC because it was IT. They would not accept any other BTEC for my course.

The thing is im not the best at Physics because if i was better in a 3rd A level I'd be predicted A*A*A but its not like that , im awful at Physics! Well i want to study maths at Uni so like even if i did get a D in Physics and my offer is A*AC , considering i want to study maths at Uni, will they more likely look at my maths and further maths grade of A* & an A?
Reply 14
Original post by Ayaz789
The thing is im not the best at Physics because if i was better in a 3rd A level I'd be predicted A*A*A but its not like that , im awful at Physics! Well i want to study maths at Uni so like even if i did get a D in Physics and my offer is A*AC , considering i want to study maths at Uni, will they more likely look at my maths and further maths grade of A* & an A?

Depends on the department and your circumstances to be honest. I'd get in touch with the Universities you want to study at, they may be more lenient with their entry requirements given a BTEC. Or they may let you in with the C in physics this year providing your maths grades are high.

They know best :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by oinkk
Depends on the department and your circumstances to be honest. I'd get in touch with the Universities you want to study at, they may be more lenient with their entry requirements given a BTEC. Or they may let you in with the C in physics this year providing your maths grades are high.

They know best :smile:

Ahh okay! Thanks anyways

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending