The Student Room Group

Edexcel History - Unit 3C Boom, Bust and Recovery

Scroll to see replies

Guys I am so scared, I did a whole massive paragraph justifying the Supreme Court as shaping it? And said the right undermined it and obviously did a big para on left as well, should I just have centred on the left?
Original post by kanelynne
Guys I am so scared, I did a whole massive paragraph justifying the Supreme Court as shaping it? And said the right undermined it and obviously did a big para on left as well, should I just have centred on the left?

People seem to have taken both approaches. I personally did the same as you. I did 3 paras on the left, 1 on the right and 1 on the SC. Some people have just focused on the left but I doubt it really matters, the question was very open.
Reply 122
What did everyone write for the kkk question
I did both the New deal questions. For the fist one, I said that the left wing ultimately had more influence on the new deal with huey long, coughlin and townsend lobbying FDR. I also added that the right wing critics forced FDR to 'pack the court' which allowed him to pass the more 'radical' acts. Does that sound about right?
As long as you linked your discussion of right wing opposition to why left wing opposition was more/less effective I don't think you should have an issue.
Original post by Hann18
What did everyone write for the kkk question

reasons for its rise: first world war/strengthened intolerance of foreigners, black culture becoming more prominent in the mainstream (could've been perceived as a threat) and then the appeal of the KKK (power/belonging/glamour)

argued that the first world war was the main reason it rose so rapidly

reasons for its fall: david stephenson/financial mismanagement vs. changing racial attitudes

argued that it was internal scandals not a changed america as still lots of racial tension!!

hope it went alright.... can never tell :frown:
Original post by TypicalRemix
I did both the New deal questions. For the fist one, I said that the left wing ultimately had more influence on the new deal with huey long, coughlin and townsend lobbying FDR. I also added that the right wing critics forced FDR to 'pack the court' which allowed him to pass the more 'radical' acts. Does that sound about right?

It was actually the left-wing that forced FDR to implement more radical policies, and by doing this, his alphabet agencies were subverted.
I'm considering doing a level history next year and this is one of the topics I'll be learning about. Do you like this topic and do you like learning about it and do you find it interesting.
Original post by matty1001
I'm considering doing a level history next year and this is one of the topics I'll be learning about. Do you like this topic and do you like learning about it and do you find it interesting.

To be honest I find this one of the better topics of all the ones I've done. I done Vietnam war, Korean war, black civil rights and British women's suffrage at AS then boom, bust, recovery, the Great Depression and WW2 America's economy at A2. I definitely preferred A2, it just all fit together nicely and interlinked so I found it easier to memorise and revise. One of my favourite topics in it was the prohibition, how WW1 contributed to the boom and the KKK :smile: I personally found it interesting.
Original post by MidnightMist
To be honest I find this one of the better topics of all the ones I've done. I done Vietnam war, Korean war, black civil rights and British women's suffrage at AS then boom, bust, recovery, the Great Depression and WW2 America's economy at A2. I definitely preferred A2, it just all fit together nicely and interlinked so I found it easier to memorise and revise. One of my favourite topics in it was the prohibition, how WW1 contributed to the boom and the KKK :smile: I personally found it interesting.

Ok thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending