The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry Unit 2 (resit) CHEM2 10th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 97Y
Agh, everyone found it easy and now the grade boundaries will be high -_-

Ikr :frown: Everyone doing the exam came out and thought it was so easy... I hope the grade boundaries aren't too unfair
Honestly the pissest paper I've done. Anyone who's done all the past papers should have found that easy. Only one question was slightly different to previous years and that was the first one which was 7 marks and that was still fairly easy.
Anyone else get 351 kjmol-1 for the bond enthalpy question?
Original post by Adilkhanio
It asked for he pros and cons of hydration not fermentation?

Original post by Seclusion
Pretty sure it was Fermentation, but someone else can confirm.

Original post by lahigueraxxx
It was definitely fermentation

Was it pros and cons of fermentation or hydration im sure it was hyrdration as it asked for the conditions for hudration in the qeustion

"On an industrial scale ethanol can be produced from ethene by direct hydration or from glucose by fermentation.

State the conditions for the direct hydration reaction.

State two advantages and two disadvantages of the fermentation method compared with the direct hydration method"
Original post by Bigboss27
For the method question i said add dilute nh3 and time how long it takes to completely dissolve is this right

No. You're measuring how quickly the precipitate forms not how quickly it dissolves.
Reply 65
Original post by Seclusion

Ba2+ so42- goes to Ba2SO4
Fe + Cu2+ goes to Fe2+ + Cu

Some answers I remember. It was a pretty good paper.

Ba 2+ and SO4 2- go to BaSO4 not Ba2
Was it pros and cons of fermentation or hydration im sure it was hyrdration as it asked for the conditions for hudration in the qeustion

deffo fermentation

I wrote

- depletes land for food crops
- product must be purified

Advantages

- renewable
- C neutral (kinda)
Reply 67
I just put the pros amd cons of hydration do you think id still get some of the marks as i did imply how fermentation may be a better or worse process?
Original post by serayph
Ba 2+ and SO4 2- go to BaSO4 not Ba2

Sorry, yea that's what i put. lol
Reply 69
Original post by lahigueraxxx
Ikr :frown: Everyone doing the exam came out and thought it was so easy... I hope the grade boundaries aren't too unfair

Tbh I think that I really know my stuff and I didn't find it -that- easy..
Original post by isobel.j.l
I agree, it wasnt like the past papers at all

No, they seemed to have changed the style of all the questions, and mixed in ISA-style questions like the new spec.
Original post by Jamio
I just put the pros amd cons of hydration do you think id still get some of the marks as i did imply how fermentation may be a better or worse process?

No marks awarded, except for the conditions part.
What did everyone put for the observations for Mg with steam (I got the white solid formed but wasn't sure for the second one so put squeaky pop for the Hydrogen gas
Anyone else feeling quite confident with how that exam went? I don't think they asked that many demanding questions tbh
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
What did everyone put for the observations for Mg with steam (I got the white solid formed but wasn't sure for the second one so put squeaky pop for the Hydrogen gas

I put effervescence of H2 and bright white flame

i put white ppt and bright white flame??
Original post by maestrocam
No, they seemed to have changed the style of all the questions, and mixed in ISA-style questions like the new spec.

Wayheyyyy just when i thought id survived the isas

White ppt for the MgO and a bright white flame due to the Mg burning
Original post by isobel.j.l
i put white ppt and bright white flame??

Magnesium produces the Bright white flame, not sure if they would credit white ppt, the second reason has to be about hydrogen, which is the pop.
You wouldn't see the H2 being produced, only a pop when you put a lit splint into the test tube.

Quick Reply

Latest