The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry F322 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Also I got -281 for the enthalpy question I think I did something wrong :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I got because they gave enthalpy of combustion values in the table provided
Original post by Riadiram
Did anyone else get methylpropanoic acid for the last one?

It was an Ester x

Original post by mattyk5
Nope i think i got 2-methylethylpropanoate <<< if thats the correct name for it

CH3CHCOOCHCH3CH3^

That's what I got!!

Original post by mattyk5
I got like 239 litres or something along them lines for the CO2 question

I got like 259?
Did anyone get 218.9 or 281.9 litres (some of those numbers) for the petrol question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I got that ah damn apart from my stupid mistakes it was a decent paper
Original post by mercuryman
FFs I got so many silly mistakes

For The mass of cyclopentanol I got 13.7 bc I thought the initial mr of cyclohexene was 70 when it was 68....

Also I got the wrong monomer unit for the polymer hence I got 595.5 as the number of units FML

Pls tell me I'll get ECF marks for this mess somehow.. :frown:

Do not worry, you will be able to lose 15-20 marks to get an A and this is only a couple of marks
Original post by nicoleemmak
I think you can draw it either way because the central carbon just has to have 2 Cs and one O coming off it, but it doesn't matter which side is which, you didn't have to name it in the exam did you? 😣

No don't worry you didn't have to name it!
Original post by mattyk5
Why do you think you did something wrong? Im not sure what i got but i know i didnt forget the minus :biggrin:

Oh I saw a couple of other people get something in the 300s so just assumed I did something wrong lol did you get something similar to -281?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mattyk5
I got 14.0 for the mass, what did anyone else get?

That's right it is that, I just made a mistake with my mr of cyclopentene
guys enthalpy values? and what did u got for your mz ion?
Original post by mattyk5
Ah yes that's what i got its just the naming of it is confusing

Yeah it took me while to figure out what it would be called haha
That's right it is that, I just made a mistake with my mr of cyclopentene

got 14 too :smile:
Yep I got that ah damn apart from my stupid mistakes it was a decent paper

Oh okay good! Let's hope we're right.

Same I feel like I made some more silly mistakes too lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
When you drew the structure of the fragment peaks did you have to put + signs???
Original post by toby22222
what did you guys get from number of repeat units of the monomer. i put 714.2..... and i think its wrong coz you had to put 714 or 715

I put 714 but reckon they'd allow either 714 or 715
Original post by milutin767
That's right I did get CH3CH2CH2Br and CH3CHBrCH3 and in IR I got CH3CH2COOH after reflux (carboxylic acid is formed?) and then when it mentioned that the acid (G) reacted with another product from hydrolysis (I assumed that was NaBr) I said it formed CH2CH2COONa unfortunately I was wrong but never mind can't do anything now lol

It said it reacted with compound f which was the secondary alcohol
Original post by Oooooooa
On the last question we were just required to give the structure of the ester right, not the name?

Yeah just the structure ☺️
Reply 53
for the co2 question who got something like 159.1 or 259.1 (I cant remember my answer it was one of those two)
Original post by nicoleemmak
Do not worry, you will be able to lose 15-20 marks to get an A and this is only a couple of marks

I know I've lost around 10 ( by my thought on it) so far, ah I'm just worried about the inflated boundaries :frown:

86/100 for an A for sure
Reply 55
Oh I saw a couple of other people get something in the 300s so just assumed I did something wrong lol did you get something similar to -281?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha and i think so yeah i dont think it was 300, i do vaguely remember it being around 200 odd
Pretty sure it was CH3CH2CH2CH2Br
For the two isomer question before E and F
Original post by Twomenoneclub
3 carbons? Someone said 4 carbons,but I thought it was 3 carbons

Yeah 3 when working out the empirical formula I got 3 for C and it was 29.29/12= 2.44 and when dividing it by the smallest ratio which was from the bromine ( I think it was around 0.79) then I get 3 but how would you get 4?
I know I've lost around 10 ( by my thought on it) so far, ah I'm just worried about the inflated boundaries :frown:

86/100 for an A for sure

They won't be inflated. My teacher said they use data from previous years retakes to make the grade boundaries so they won't be using a standard bell curve so don't worry
Original post by Pingu7
for the co2 question who got something like 159.1 or 259.1 (I cant remember my answer it was one of those two)

Omg I got 259.1 but I added a factor of 10 by accident to the 5.6x10^5 so I don't know if it's still right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending