The Student Room Group

Calling a girl pretty

So I was buying something and as soon as i paid i said to the cashier that shes really pretty. She smiled and seemed flustered and mumbled thank you, and i smiled and left without saying anything else. Girls would that come across as creepy? If you found someone unattractive and creepy would you still have smiled and been shy about it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They're used to it. Especially if they're attractive.
Original post by Anonymous
So I was buying something and as soon as i paid i said to the cashier that shes really pretty. She smiled and seemed flustered and mumbled thank you, and i smiled and left without saying anything else. Girls would that come across as creepy? If you found someone unattractive and creepy would you still have smiled and been shy about it?

Maybe she did not expect it and very likely had not been told before in that environment
Reply 3
she was probably just feeling shy and/or embarassed

It's not creepy. Why didn't ask for her number or anything?

I've had this happen to me two weeks ago- ish and then this weekend, from random guys. But they never asked for my number or anything. Are we suppose to ask?

I need a reply ASAP.
Original post by eden3
They're used to it. Especially if they're attractive.

It never gets old.
Reply 6
It never gets old.

? Ok?

Did you really have to go on anonymous to say that? Lmao.
It's honestly just random like I'd never flirt with a random bird at checkout, that's so opportunistic I would find it creepy just witnessing someone do it. Like you could be any lad just passing thru buying a pack of cigs or whatever. The shop shouldn't be your hunting grounds mate, come on. Try the local park, outside a gym locker room or the tubes or summat yano. :wink:
Original post by xobeauty
It's not creepy. Why didn't ask for her number or anything?

I've had this happen to me two weeks ago- ish and then this weekend, from random guys. But they never asked for my number or anything. Are we suppose to ask?

I need a reply ASAP.

You're meant to do what you want...like follow me back and make me feel temporarily good about myself :colonhash:
Original post by eden3
? Ok?

Did you really have to go on anonymous to say that? Lmao.

Yeah don't want to look like a big head.

I'd feel flattered tbh. A compliment is still a compliment.
Original post by 0to100
It's honestly just random like I'd never flirt with a random bird at checkout, that's so opportunistic I would find it creepy just witnessing someone do it. Like you could be any lad just passing thru buying a pack of cigs or whatever. The shop shouldn't be your hunting grounds mate, come on. Try the local park, outside a gym locker room or the tubes or summat yano. :wink:

You refer to girls as birds??? LOL come here let me smack you.

Jk.
Original post by 0to100
You're meant to do what you want...like follow me back and make me feel temporarily good about myself :colonhash:

Answer my question first what do you think this is. What's the logic in complimenting a girl, but not asking for her number?
You refer to girls as birds??? LOL come here let me smack you.

Jk.

Lol.. It's just a pretty common term here tbh

Original post by Mrs.Grey
I'd feel flattered tbh. A compliment is still a compliment.

That kinda mentality will get you kidnapped and date raped at the least
Answer my question first what do you think this is. What's the logic in complimenting a girl, but not asking for her number?

:colonhash: haven't I done enough to deserve it?
Original post by 0to100
Lol.. It's just a pretty common term here tbh

That kinda mentality will get you kidnapped and date raped at the least

How do you figure...depending how he comes at you of course.
Original post by 0to100
:colonhash: haven't I done enough to deserve it?

You haven't done anything actually, just maybe cracK a laugh here and there. But can you tell me the logic, Deadass want to know.

I will ask next time. Was in a rush.

Would you ponder on it after?
You haven't done anything actually, just maybe cracK a laugh here and there. But can you tell me the logic, Deadass want to know.

Just yesterday you were saying how constructive and thought provoking my posts are :nothing:
Nvm I'm not gonna beg it, ask someone else ini if you're gonna be nasty
and power trip about a damn follow?
How do you figure...depending how he comes at you of course.

Because any random fella can stroll passed, "compliment" her and then she'll be "flattered" and then get buttered up to go with him, a stranger, to god knows where, and if it's in a relationship, he'd have so much control over her.
Original post by 0to100
Just yesterday you were saying how constructive and thought provoking my posts are :nothing:
Nvm I'm not gonna beg it, ask someone else ini if you're gonna be nasty
and power trip about a damn follow?

Because any random fella can stroll passed, "compliment" her and then she'll be "flattered" and then get buttered up to go with him, a stranger, to god knows where, and if it's in a relationship, he'd have so much control over her.

Isnt that how most people get into relationships?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending