The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry Unit 2 (resit) CHEM2 10th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lm98
What??? How many questions did they want state symbols for? I didn't really notice!

A lot of the 1 marker equations required state symbols!! don't worry, so many people didn't realise. Very evil of them though
Will i get the marks for just saying flame and precipitate?
You know the page where it said what was present and that table gave what happens when fehling and silver mirror was added. I said primary and secondary alcohol and didn't name it, is this wrong :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ManOfJustTin
I also put oxidising agent. I found it so hard to know what they wanted for the full equation beforehand though since my half equations didn't include sodium

woo! Yes, it was a really ambiguous question because strictly speaking, the reaction between H2SO4 and sodium iodide alone is just an acid-base reaction. But I think they wanted us to state the role of H2SO4 for the whole thing, in which case oxidising agent would be correct!
Original post by davgen7
Will i get the marks for just saying flame and precipitate?

Depends, did you mention the colour of the flame or precipitate?
For working out the C-C bond enthalpy i divided by 3 instead of 2
How many marks will i lose
Reply 106
Original post by lahigueraxxx
A lot of the 1 marker equations required state symbols!! don't worry, so many people didn't realise. Very evil of them though

None of the questions required state symbols, look on any past paper, they never require state symbols.
Can someone please compile a mark scheme?
Reply 108
Only one equation required state symbols. It was: cu2+ + Fe > Fe2+. + Cu
Original post by lahigueraxxx
Depends, did you mention the colour of the flame or precipitate?

No. I initially said white ppt but crossed it out in case it was wrong and talked myself put of the mark :frown:((((
In marking guidelines it states - if question asks for state symbols they must be included

From top of my head I think the copper extraction needed it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lm98
What??? How many questions did they want state symbols for? I didn't really notice!

I don't remember them saying to put state symbols or was it presumed to use them?
Original post by EmmaHarvard
Can someone please compile a mark scheme?

Any time i ever see you post youre asking people to do things with your catfish profile pic with your tits on display as motivation
Reply 113
What did people get for the free radical substitution? That was a dodgy one
I swear only one specifically asked for state symbols....there was only one...right?
Reply 115
Original post by ALH587
None of the questions required state symbols, look on any past paper, they never require state symbols.

It said in the question.. "Including state symbols"
Original post by SuruthiG
For working out the C-C bond enthalpy i divided by 3 instead of 2
How many marks will i lose

Usually, marks are given for correct formula, correct LHS, correct RHS and the final answer, so should get at least 2 if you showed your workings
Reply 117
Omg how do u get trichloromethane or whatever it was.. What was the equation?!
Reply 118
so what do you lot think 85 for an A
Reply 119
The ba2+ + so42- ---> baso4 also required state symbols

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply