The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Chemistry (2420) Unit 2 10th June 2016 (Resit)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2015-atif
I wrote about titrating the AgCl with NH3, and then to see how much NH3 reacted would that be right?

Possibly mate, but isn't that A2 knowledge
Reply 61
Less purer product formed
Greenhouse gases released
Original post by arronpile
what are disadvantages of fermentation over hydration other than its slower process
Original post by arronpile
what are disadvantages of fermentation over hydration other than its slower process

I said that the other processes prior to fermentation ie farming crops uses fossil fuels, so the idea that its sustainable and renewable is put into question

and it uses arable land which could otherwise be used for food crops etc
Reply 63
The strangest question i thought was the 4marker on measuring the rate if change of the hydrolysis of the two haloalkanes, i described the experiment where you put a black cross on a peice of paper beneth both reactions and time how long it takes for the crosses to disapear for each due to the ppt forming, keeping amounts and concentrations the same for fairness , do you think this will be worth any marks?
I hated that exam . Worse one I've done
Original post by Rid123
The strangest question i thought was the 4marker on measuring the rate if change of the hydrolysis of the two haloalkanes, i described the experiment where you put a black cross on a peice of paper beneth both reactions and time how long it takes for the crosses to disapear for each due to the ppt forming, keeping amounts and concentrations the same for fairness , do you think this will be worth any marks?

i did the same thing although didnt specify the concentration i think i just said 1 mol of each solution, do you think we will get any marks?for the 4 marker outlining the experiment, i wrote to use the same amount of both chloro 1 butane and chloro-2 butane and measure the time taken to forma white precipitate with silver nitrate. to judge best i wrote that it would be best to put the solutiins into a beaker on top of a coloured piece of paper marked with an x and to stop recording when the x was no longer seen so the precipitate had been formed. then i wrote to ensure a fair test make sure the same person is recording the results and same amounts of chlorobutane were used
Reply 66
Original post by im.a.witch
I hated that exam . Worse one I've done

:frown::smile: Don't worry! Just smash Chem 4 and 5! :biggrin:
Reply 67
Original post by JustOneLastTime
i did the same thing although didnt specify the concentration i think i just said 1 mol of each solution, do you think we will get any marks?for the 4 marker outlining the experiment, i wrote to use the same amount of both chloro 1 butane and chloro-2 butane and measure the time taken to forma white precipitate with silver nitrate. to judge best i wrote that it would be best to put the solutiins into a beaker on top of a coloured piece of paper marked with an x and to stop recording when the x was no longer seen so the precipitate had been formed. then i wrote to ensure a fair test make sure the same person is recording the results and same amounts of chlorobutane were used

To make it a Fair Test you had to say Add Nitric Acid so that any interfering ions like carbonate ions will react with the nitric acid.
Original post by badaman
:frown::smile: Don't worry! Just smash Chem 4 and 5! :biggrin:

I did it as an external student at my old college to get more UCAS points for my AS grade. At least my best grade will be put forward even if I did do worse.
Original post by badaman
To make it a Fair Test you had to say Add Nitric Acid so that any interfering ions like carbonate ions will react with the nitric acid.

oh crap I was gunna put that I thought it was too obvious
Original post by badaman

oh wow i may have mentioned acidified silver nitrate but can't remember, the whole exam was really bad, I had a mind block for a while where i couldn't think probably lost around 20 marks, this is depressing
Reply 71
Original post by JustOneLastTime
oh wow i may have mentioned acidified silver nitrate but can't remember, the whole exam was really bad, I had a mind block for a while where i couldn't think probably lost around 20 marks, this is depressing

Dont worry! Head up and focus on the next exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Oh god I really shouldn't look at these threads because all I can think of is how I ****ed up now DD: even on the calculations, which I'd thought I'd done correctly, I automatically did sum of prods - sum of reacts, and then for the bond enthalpy of C-C got something like 204/240 or something. And blanked on the observations with Mg.

:frown: Arghhhh. So annoyed because I've been getting 90+ on every past paper and feel like I've lost 40mks on this one. Pointless revisionnnnn.
Original post by Scitty
Oh god I really shouldn't look at these threads because all I can think of is how I ****ed up now DD: even on the calculations, which I'd thought I'd done correctly, I automatically did sum of prods - sum of reacts, and then for the bond enthalpy of C-C got something like 204/240 or something. And blanked on the observations with Mg.

:frown: Arghhhh. So annoyed because I've been getting 90+ on every past paper and feel like I've lost 40mks on this one. Pointless revisionnnnn.

I feel the same way, I've been getting A-Bs but now from this paper I would be lucky to even get a B! I made so many little mistakes it is stupid. My Chem 1 retake went well but this was pretty bad imo, I just hope I can recover and get good marks on Chem 4 and 5...
Original post by emsieMC
Yeah I got exactly that

same bro
Reply 75
Original post by Studious_Student
I feel the same way, I've been getting A-Bs but now from this paper I would be lucky to even get a B! I made so many little mistakes it is stupid. My Chem 1 retake went well but this was pretty bad imo, I just hope I can recover and get good marks on Chem 4 and 5...

I know I'm not getting good marks on 4 and 5. I've been getting A*s on past papers but I know I won't get that in the exam :laugh: not if the papers are anything like the ones I've sat already.

I was hoping a good mark in this + full marks on practical would pull up my unit 1 B but now I'm done for lol

Ahhhhhh it's hard not to feel deflated though. A year's work reduced to nothing in the face of 2 hours.
Original post by Scitty
I know I'm not getting good marks on 4 and 5. I've been getting A*s on past papers but I know I won't get that in the exam :laugh: not if the papers are anything like the ones I've sat already.

I was hoping a good mark in this + full marks on practical would pull up my unit 1 B but now I'm done for lol

Ahhhhhh it's hard not to feel deflated though. A year's work reduced to nothing in the face of 2 hours.

Just hope that the grade boundaries are low this year? Most people in my school said it was harder than last year and a girl was even crying after taking it.
Reply 77
Just hope that the grade boundaries are low this year? Most people in my school said it was harder than last year and a girl was even crying after taking it.

I can definitely sympathise with her. I can feel my place at vet school being torn away. :frown:
Original post by Scitty
I can definitely sympathise with her. I can feel my place at vet school being torn away. :frown:

I just need a B overall in Chemistry but this test also made me feel like it's not happening...even worse when Chem 4 is in 4 days and you are too saddened over this one to even start revising...
Reply 79
I just need a B overall in Chemistry but this test also made me feel like it's not happening...even worse when Chem 4 is in 4 days and you are too saddened over this one to even start revising...

Too sad? I was revising the second I came out :laugh: I took all my revision with me. I'll wallow when my exams are up and my parents stop fighting over what colour to paint the bloody bathroom. Can't afford to before then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending