The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry F322 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nicoleemmak
An a definitely won't be higher than 84 but could be anything between 75-84. The highest they've ever been were 83 in Jan 2012- but remember that was only retakers too.

Good point however, the 2016 cohort had an easier paper and more past paper resources to revise from there's like so many factors that contribute to mark boundaries but I can deffo agree that the mark for an A would be no more than 86 that I'm certain
Original post by nicoleemmak
An a definitely won't be higher than 84 but could be anything between 75-84. The highest they've ever been were 83 in Jan 2012- but remember that was only retakers too.
Don't freak out about it only being retakers because every Janurary f322 was only retakers aswell

Very fair point! You've kind of relieved my stress now thanks! haha
1465574385767-1384305844.jpgdid anyone elese get this ?
Original post by jadder1224

yep
Original post by SlippyDuck117
86?? I really hope it's not that high. There was a question worth 2 marks that I couldn't do (I can do it now, but my mind went blank in the exam unfortunately) ... and I make about 10 silly errors per paper ... Oooh it might be tight :/

So if you make 10 errors/paper and you Lost 4 extra theoretical marks not considering ECF ( which may be a lot in this paper, considering I'm also one of the many victims that'll fall prey to ECF marks for not thinking properly in the exam) id say you can pull off 86 or higher, no doubt

Aren't u supposed to put an OH group on the middle carbon on the ester:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if there is a unofficial mark scheme on the internet somewhere?

Yeah...exactly that except i put the OH group below instead of above the carbon but it's basically the same thing.
Reply 108
On twitter someone said that the grading of this year's #f321 and #f322 papers has to be comparable to last year. So hopefully the grade boundaries are not going to be too high.
Original post by BrownGuyIrfan
Yeah...exactly that except i put the OH group below instead of above the carbon but it's basically the same thing.

How many marks do you reckon you lost?
Original post by CookieMonster786
Aren't u supposed to put an OH group on the middle carbon on the ester:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is? propan-2-ol?
Original post by mercuryman
How many marks do you reckon you lost?

Tbh on TSR i'm only seeing people discuss the harder questions and so far so good, the rest of the paper was quite easy so I'm hoping for at atleast 80 marks but I don't wanna jinx it so....can't really say something more.
What are 2 sources of Nitrogen oxide?
Reply 113
who does the unoffical mark schemes for these papers? do you think someone will do one for this test? - im just scared at how easy everyone seems to be finding it lol... i hope the grade boundaries arent sky high!!

I put thunderstorms and nitrogen dioxide( lol idk my mind went blank)

It's thunderstorms and aeroplane emissions apparently

Do you think they'd award no2 lol

car engines and lightning
Would there be ecf for structure of g f and e because I got 4 carbons for the empirical formula thing but my mr was still less than 150
Original post by mercuryman
I put thunderstorms and nitrogen dioxide( lol idk my mind went blank)

It's thunderstorms and aeroplane emissions apparently

Do you think they'd award no2 lol

Actually I think they were asking for sources of N02?

I put fossil feuls and care exhaust emmisions... both probably wrong but only worth 1 mark so it's alright
Actually I think they were asking for sources of N02?

I put fossil feuls and care exhaust emmisions... both probably wrong but only worth 1 mark so it's alright

fossil fuels will be correct
image.jpg Guys does this confirm that nitrogen dioxide can also be a source of NO oxides? Like it is technically right? Right? I Identified thunderstorms and no2 hopefully I don't lose yet another mark :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending