The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Classical Greek

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by metellaest
Haha no problem :smile:

So each Paper (if you do long course) is out of 100 UMS, so the total is out of 400 UMS.

The purpose of UMS is so they can keep the boundary constant (360 out of 400 UMS) every year, and to make sure it's no harder or easier to get an A* one year than the next.

A 90 UMS average across your papers will get you an A*; OCR have a raw mark to UMS converter that you can use to see what raw mark will get you what UMS each year.

That way a harder paper will have a lower raw mark boundary, but the UMS stays the same.

Good luck!

Ohhhhh it all makes sense now!! Thank you and good luck too :smile::biggrin:
Good luck everyone! Hope it goes well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! You too!

Off to music now :wink: hope it goes ok!
Reply 83
How did everyone find it?
Original post by fuzz13
How did everyone find it?

Pretty decent! You?
Reply 86
Pretty decent! You?

I thought it was so weird! Like there was so little for the marks available you know?!

So you know the translation what did you put for the bit about Hermes being disguised? And the bit about Zeus (top of the 2nd paragraph?)
Original post by fuzz13
I thought it was so weird! Like there was so little for the marks available you know?!

So you know the translation what did you put for the bit about Hermes being disguised? And the bit about Zeus (top of the 2nd paragraph?)

Zeus perceiving (prob got tense wrong) the old man and pitying him...something or other I can't remember! It was so short though.
Reply 88
Zeus perceiving (prob got tense wrong) the old man and pitying him...something or other I can't remember! It was so short though.

I know and it really threw me! Also did you translate any genitive absolutes in any of the paper? I didn't but my friend did :redface:
Original post by fuzz13
I know and it really threw me! Also did you translate any genitive absolutes in any of the paper? I didn't but my friend did :redface:

I don't think so? I seem to forget everything I wrote the moment I get out of the exam :s-smilie:
Reply 90
I don't think so? I seem to forget everything I wrote the moment I get out of the exam :s-smilie:

Haha dw! I thought it went well and finished it like really early and then 5 mins to the end I started doubting literally everything I put! Sorry about asking loads of questions it's just my teacher wasn't there at the end so I haven't spoken to her about it 😅😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bit late... I did my Music when you guys did Greek, then did Greek straight after... :wink:

I thought it was pretty good, myself. I agree about the number of marks - the question at the end of the first comprehension was three marks, but I thought the answer was 'he brought gold and other gifts' - that seems like two marks

Other than that, it was good. I put 'Zeus, having noticed the old man and pitying him', but I couldn't work out the last bit perfectly - εφανη was 'he showed' wasn't it?

What did y'all write for the derivations?
Reply 92
Original post by Caecilius'Garden
Bit late... I did my Music when you guys did Greek, then did Greek straight after... :wink:

I thought it was pretty good, myself. I agree about the number of marks - the question at the end of the first comprehension was three marks, but I thought the answer was 'he brought gold and other gifts' - that seems like two marks

Other than that, it was good. I put 'Zeus, having noticed the old man and pitying him', but I couldn't work out the last bit perfectly - εφανη was 'he showed' wasn't it?

I put he appeared for εφανη I think but can't remember the context!
What did u get for the bit that was about Priam deciding to ask for the body.... I put something like "so that it could be buried according to the custom." But I don't know if I got it right? 😢

I put gynaecologist and politics, what about u?

Posted from TSR Mobile
'in order to bury it by the law'... custom would have made more sense, I think mine's wrong though

Gynaecology and politician :wink: and had the most uncomfortable time explaining what it meant :colondollar:
Reply 94
'in order to bury it by the law'... custom would have made more sense, I think mine's wrong though

Gynaecology and politician :wink: and had the most uncomfortable time explaining what it meant :colondollar:

Omg yeh 😂😂 that bit was weird so idk really! Oh well! On to the next one.... 🚀🚀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Glad it went well :smile:

I did gynaecologist and metropolitan but the last one I explained iffily...

I put "he appeared" but that might be wrong!

How was music?
Hmm. I'll look it up later.

It was good thanks, lots of good questions and only a few tricky ones. It's difficult to tell how well you do in the music exams though... It's easy to write a wrong answer :s-smilie:

I'm quite confident that 'ephane' means he appeared because he showed wouldn't work with the context. Also what did you guys get for the clause starting 'Ian' in the translation passage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yes, I think you're right.

Which passage?
Original post by fuzz13

Zeus, having noticed the old man and pitying him, sent Hermes to lead him. Therefore the messenger of the messenger of the gods immediately appeared... on the one hand Priam was amazed, on the other hand the god told him not to fear.

yeah it was in the aorist, because it has a strong aorist.
Original post by fuzz13

No genetive absolutes at all. :smile:

Original post by kart1400
I'm quite confident that 'ephane' means he appeared because he showed wouldn't work with the context. Also what did you guys get for the clause starting 'Ian' in the translation passage?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly I can't tell what ian is... what was it roughly about?

For the two derivatives I put politically - reasonably easy and miogynist (woman hater) - i spent 20 mins trying to find the latter - i remembered my teacher mentioning gynaechologist but couldn't remember the word and finally came up with misogynist. (literally miseo + gune = hater of women)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending