The Student Room Group

AQA Biology B2 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have a B3 unofficial mark scheme?
the gametes for the parents were just, X X for the mother and X Y for the father
I said that a disadvantage for the hydroxide question is that it would give allergies, would I still get the mark as it was in our revision guides.
the gametes for the parents were X X for the father and X Y for the mother
Original post by afghan-superman
The father question. A lot of people got mixed up with genotypes, phenotypes and gametes. It was an easy 5 marker if you understood it properly
Phenotype - The characteristic (e.g. brown hair, red hair)
Genotype - The alleles (e.g. Bb bb BB)
Gametes - The offsprings genotype

Great exam btw :wink:

Hello instead of brown hair I just wrote brown do U think I would get the marks or nah?💔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 305
Foundation mark scheme ? ? ? ?
For the 2nd part of the question of the offspring i put all the possible offspring like BB Bb Bb and bb... instead of just the off spring that the parents got and does it still get the marks?
Isnt the running time 1 minute because the blood flow stays high because of the need to pay oxygen debt otherwise if it was 1.5 minutes he would run and as soon as he stopped his blood flow would decrease which wouldnt link the anaerobic and lactic acid build up?
Original post by Chiddy16
I said that a disadvantage for the hydroxide question is that it would give allergies, would I still get the mark as it was in our revision guides.

I put that aswell, should get a mark
For Hydroperoxide&enzyme advantage could I put it doesn't use energy?
Original post by blueribbons99
Hello instead of brown hair I just wrote brown do U think I would get the marks or nah?💔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah definitely, it's still in context.
Original post by Fatcat302
the gametes for the parents were X X for the father and X Y for the mother

Nope sorry, the gametes were the offspring, it was (BB Bb Bb bb) meaning only 25% chance of red hair
I put about the equipment but then I put about how the you can fill the bearer with water and attach a tube to a test tube to test the rates of photosynthesis and how much oxygen it produces in high or low temperatures etc ...
Original post by blueribbons99

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was both the parents penotype brown hair?
Reply 314
You'll get the mark
Reply 315
Original post by afghan-superman
The father question. A lot of people got mixed up with genotypes, phenotypes and gametes. It was an easy 5 marker if you understood it properly
Phenotype - The characteristic (e.g. brown hair, red hair)
Genotype - The alleles (e.g. Bb bb BB)
Gametes - The offsprings genotype

Great exam btw :wink:

Didn't the question after that ask for the offspring's genotype? For the genotype I put heterozygous and the gametes I put Bb - is that all wrong 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 316
Original post by Nathan Emmings

Epithelial tissue I wrote was for protection mark or no mark?

You'll get the marks
Reply 317
Original post by B3ASTy
For the 2nd part of the question of the offspring i put all the possible offspring like BB Bb Bb and bb... instead of just the off spring that the parents got and does it still get the marks?

I did the same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adamhulme_
This is what i got, except i did it a different way.
25 X 25 X 10 = 650 = area of all quadrats in cm2
You then need to divide this total by 1002 as it is in area, which is m2, not m.
This gives us the 0.625m2 that you got and then same method from there.

Edit: it should be 20/0.625=32 plantains per m2. You must have done this as you got the right answer but maybe used the wrong symbol when writing it out.

I got this answer as well but are you sure it's right? 160000 plantains seems a lot higher than what other people got
Reply 319
Original post by hayleyef123
For the 6 marker I rushed it and wrote about an iodine test for starch, which I'm guessing won't get me any marks? I realised as soon as I left the exam hall that I had screwed up

Dont worry it's only one question, I'm sure you did awesome on the others :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending