The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

I got 63 in the first paper and 74-75 in the second, total is 138-139/200. what grade is that.

Thanks
For 24b would it matter if i expanded the denominator? To me x^2-1 looks simpler than the factorised version.
Original post by DrPeter
There is more than one way to get the answer but Pythagoras isn't one of them (can only be used with right-angled triangles)

For the last question I can't remember exactly what I did at the start but I split the triangle into two which gave me two right angled triangles. I was then able to use Pythagoras to find out the missing lengths then the cosine rule to find out the angle for each triangle which I added together at the end. Would this still not be relevant?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Moonbunny
For 24b would it matter if i expanded the denominator? To me x^2-1 looks simpler than the factorised version.

I think that should be fine - i did that too and the mark schemes usually give an answer and say "or equivalent". The expansion is the exact same value, just different form so i think it should definitely be ok!
By last years standards, that would be a
B, but very close to an A (A is 145)
Posted from TSR Mobile
HELP!!
So you know the last question I put the formula for the area of a triangle which is 1/2ab sinC or something like that and it was six marks!! Do you think I would get a mark for the formula or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is 75-80
Can the stratified be 10 or 11 i was taught you cant round people up
If iwrote the right answer but then i crossed it out and put something different will it still get marked

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think a will be 136

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gigge
Can the stratified be 10 or 11 i was taught you cant round people up

That should be correct as well, as I think that the mark scheme is not as strict with these sort of questions as the correct answer would have to be a number where the stratified samples of all of the samples added up should be the sample size.
Hey guys so I got around 132-135 (depending on how lenient the marker will be) what grade do you think that will be this year..?
Does an A in GCSE Maths look good? I could've got an A* but I'm really kicking myself because of careless mistakes. Is it bad to have an A because it's a core subject? Thanks
Or high b, but I don't think it'll quite be an a

Posted from TSR Mobile
MATHEMATICS EDEXCEL HIGHER MARKSCHEME (BOTH PAPERS) WITH PREDICTED GRADE BOUNDARIES

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a-ighNmzrkVh83g7jUT5SEsnU0_Gbs-DHLW0RKCow94/mobilebasic?pli=1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Usmaan345
MATHEMATICS EDEXCEL HIGHER MARKSCHEME (BOTH PAPERS) WITH PREDICTED GRADE BOUNDARIES

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a-ighNmzrkVh83g7jUT5SEsnU0_Gbs-DHLW0RKCow94/mobilebasic?pli=1

Posted from TSR Mobile
How'd you find the exam bro?
Exactly what i thought and i put 10 .
Original post by Kyle03
That should be correct as well, as I think that the mark scheme is not as strict with these sort of questions as the correct answer would have to be a number where the stratified samples of all of the samples added up should be the sample size.
is 139 an A plz somone answer:frown:
Original post by hamza772000
How'd you find the exam bro?

It was good bro I think I got a B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending