The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry Paper 2 AS Level 2016 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
wasnt cracking equation c because i remember A had no hexane and they said it formes hexane and 3 other molecules

C didn't make enough carbon or was it hydrogen atoms

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by quinn f
do any of you know if it matters which side you put your dot in the Cl free radical?

i asked my teacher this once and he said no
Original post by DaVinciGirl
C didn't make enough carbon or was it hydrogen atoms

Posted from TSR Mobile

added both carbon and hydrogen and made the correct amount
Original post by quinn f
do any of you know if it matters which side you put your dot in the Cl free radical?

Nope, it dosen't matter, only matters really with carbons, where you have to put the dot next to the carbon atom.
added both carbon and hydrogen and made the correct amount

You needed to make a total of 3 molecules of another compound and pentene. All of them added correctly but the number of molecules were different. Also C was the only one without a pentene but another compound I believe.
Does anyone know if we still get ums after the new a level reform??

(i think i messed this paper up :frown:)
Wasnt there a question about
Forming CF3CH or something
I cant even remeber. From fluorine.
You needed to make a total of 3 molecules of another compound and pentene. All of them added correctly but the number of molecules were different. Also C was the only one without a pentene but another compound I believe.

it was 1 molecule of hexane the question said and 3 other molecules
A didnt have hexane and and they added up i checked twice
Original post by Turtlebunny
Nope, it dosen't matter, only matters really with carbons, where you have to put the dot next to the carbon atom.

this doesnt even matter either, but you should probably do it like you said
it was 1 molecule of hexane the question said and 3 other molecules
A didnt have hexane and and they added up i checked twice

Are you sure? Because I remember checking that A does have that other compound and it also had 3 molecules of the other compound but C only had two products. I'm not sure, if anyone else can back any other answers that would be great.
Are you sure? Because I remember checking that A does have that other compound and it also had 3 molecules of the other compound but C only had two products. I'm not sure, if anyone else can back any other answers that would be great.

im pretty sure it was A

yeah would b good if someone else remembered the question but i checked too cus i wsas like ok these both add up wats the difference then looked at the question siaid hexane but not sure though well see
You balanced it wrong, the catalutic converter, its no+co=1/2n2+co2
yeah would b good if someone else remembered the question but i checked too cus i wsas like ok these both add up wats the difference then looked at the question siaid hexane but not sure though well see

A was c14h30 -> c6h14 + c4h8 + 2*c2h4
Reply 54
Original post by Pentaquark
Wasnt there a question about
Forming CF3CH or something
I cant even remeber. From fluorine.

there was, forming CF3CH3 from CHF2CH3 and flourine in a free-radical substitution. you had to give two propagation steps. what did you guys get for this? i only got the first one, as CHF2CH3 + F. --> CF2CH3. + HF
Wasnt total equillibrium moles 20
Original post by quinn f
there was, forming CF3CH3 from CHF2CH3 and flourine in a free-radical substitution. you had to give two propagation steps. what did you guys get for this? i only got the first one, as CHF2CH3 + F. --> CF2CH3. + HF

the next step is f2 + cf2ch3' -> cf3ch3 + f'
Original post by metrize
Wasnt total equillibrium moles 20

it was 18 as far as i know
Original post by quinn f

Then its .CF2CH3+F2 -> CF3CH3 + F.
Original post by Splaffie
A was c14h30 -> c6h14 + c4h8 + 2*c2h4

yeah doesn't have hexane hexane was listed in the question or did i go mad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending