The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A Exam - G482 Electrons, Waves, Photons [09/06/16]

Scroll to see replies

For the question with 2 batteries in a circuit each with own internal resistance , it said the positive terminals of one battery was facing the positive terminal of another , so for that question were u just aloud to add the voltages to find total voltage?
Original post by MARCOS908
I selected 1 amps as the resistor with the LED was 167 ohms connected to in parallel to 21 (7 LED and resistor in parallel in each arrangement to make the number and there was 3 numbers) so the total resistance will be (21x(1/167))^-1 = 7.95 omhs so the current is 5/7.95 =0.628 amps therefore 1 amps fuse... Anyone else?

exactly what i did
I selected 1 amps as the resistor with the LED was 167 ohms connected to in parallel to 21 (7 LED and resistor in parallel in each arrangement to make the number and there was 3 numbers) so the total resistance will be (21x(1/167))^-1 = 7.95 omhs so the current is 5/7.95 =0.628 amps therefore 1 amps fuse... Anyone else?

It was a fuse for each number though wasn't it? Maybe I read the question wrong, either I'm pretty sure I got it wrong
Reply 123
Original post by vking225
Just a list of prediction I think will come up based on from last years paper:
Longitudinal Transverse Waves
EM spectrum
Diffraction
Loads on Quantum Physics except photoelectric effect
They basically asked a lot on electricity so i have no idea what to expect.

This was rather a accurate
Reply 124
Original post by Abb97
I put 6 ;_; don't know where 10-7 came from

I put 6 as well I think it depends on the value picked
Original post by NickLCFC
It was a fuse for each number though wasn't it? Maybe I read the question wrong, either I'm pretty sure I got it wrong

I'm pretty sure it was a fuse for the whole thing I'm afraid
I put 1A for the fuse rating :frown: I'm guessing I won't get a mark :frown: because I've never seen a 50mA fuse ://

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Revision King98
For the question with 2 batteries in a circuit each with own internal resistance , it said the positive terminals of one battery was facing the positive terminal of another , so for that question were u just aloud to add the voltages to find total voltage?

from what i understand, pretty sure you had to subract them. cos the pd was 4.5-2.6 or whatever, im sure the voltage was 2.1, and the current was 1.05A
Original post by FemaleBo55
I put 1A for the fuse rating :frown: I'm guessing I won't get a mark :frown: because I've never seen a 50mA fuse ://

I got 1 amp fuse too :smile:
Original post by shahryair
from what i understand, pretty sure you had to subract them. cos the pd was 4.5-2.6 or whatever, im sure the voltage was 2.1, and the current was 1.05A

Ohh so would I lose only one mark do u think if I added , and get ecf for rest of question ?
Original post by Revision King98
Ohh so would I lose only one mark do u think if I added , and get ecf for rest of question ?

yh, it should be follow through. as some of the questions in the paper were worth 12/13 marks, screw part i and your done for the rest if no ecf.
Original post by JosephKershaw
Will you also be doing one for the Depth in Physics Exam?

Yup
Created new thread for it
Original post by teachercol
Yup
Created new thread for it

I am sorry but are you still planning to do G482?
I've just done the paper. I'll type up my mark scheme and post it this afternoon.
Original post by NickLCFC
I said it was for safety reasons because if the variable resistor had a resistance of 0 and there was no fixed resistor, the current would be way too high (infinite?) and it would overheat.

Was a bit of a guess to be honest.

That's what I put, hope we're right
I'm pretty sure it was a fuse for the whole thing I'm afraid

Im fairly certain it said 1 fuse per number. I remember starting and multiplying it by 3, then realised and changed my answer
Easier than last year's paper I think, as I actually revised this time around. Still disappointed that I can never seem to do as well in the actual exam as I do in past papers (got 21 marks into an A on the last one I did before the exam). Anyway, good luck and I hope everybody gets what they wanted out of this!

I'm ****ed :laugh: and with people saying it was an easier paper, bang goes my A. I can find whole questions I've dropped ALL marks on, bugger
Original post by Brokensteps
Im fairly certain it said 1 fuse per number. I remember starting and multiplying it by 3, then realised and changed my answer

yeah I thought it was for a single one of those so i put 50mA but people are saying 1A so im scared

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending