The Student Room Group

Calling a girl pretty

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eden3
What the **** are you talking about?

@xobeauty clearly said it bothers her when a good looking guy she's interested in her doesn't ask. I told her she should go ask those guys. In no way was I implying that you want everyone you find attractive - that's just ridiculous, and you completely misunderstood the point I was trying to get across if that's what you inferred.

As for you second point - what's wrong with giving someone a compliment and leaving it at that? Is that too much for your brain to comprehend? Maybe they just want to make someone else feel better, or maybe sometimes they're just too nervous to ask. It doesn't matter.

Girls don't have to deal with rejection most of the time. Guys usually do. I'm assuming you don't know what rejection feels like so perhaps you should shut up when it comes to things you have no idea about.

You even admitted you're a egotistical big-headed person. I don't wish to converse with you or argue with you any more.

You can reply to this if you wish, rest assured I won't bother reading or replying to your response. :smile:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee man get da **** up off meeeee
Reply 41
Original post by donutellme
Maybe they don't want your number? Just saying their thoughts?

lord donutellme making all kindz of gainnzzz.... ALL Kindzzz
Original post by 0to100
Creepiness is not about looks. It's all about the environment where he's doing it. Complimenting like walking up to her, being courteous and conversational, etc is one thing. Like @donutellme says that's how relationships good or bad might start.

But it is "disgusting and creepy" even if he's fit but driving by slowing saying oi baby get on my lap out the window or something, that's not on. There's nothing "romantic" about it. Or maybe you're just being sarcastic. Only a girl who has insecurity issues would appreciate the random compliment, but nice conversation is a different story.

Last time i was nice while i was buying it. This time i just complimented with a smile. Nothing suggestive. That's not creepy surely?
Original post by Zarek
Not creepy but a bit inappropriate. I think pretty girls in retail get a lot of this, almost becomes an occupational hazard.

Yea exactly.
Reply 44
Original post by Anonymous
So I was buying something and as soon as i paid i said to the cashier that shes really pretty. She smiled and seemed flustered and mumbled thank you, and i smiled and left without saying anything else. Girls would that come across as creepy? If you found someone unattractive and creepy would you still have smiled and been shy about it?

yes obviously. its really kind and we like it.

:P
Original post by eden3

Not number gains though
Last time i was nice while i was buying it. This time i just complimented with a smile. Nothing suggestive. That's not creepy surely?

I already told you I found what you did chirpsing a checkout girl is a bit opportunistic. She works in a place where all sorts of people walk in and out all the time. She might not be flattered but finds it a bit weird even though you'll learn girls want that kind of attention no matter who it's from :rolleyes: But you probably just put her on the spot, let her do her job init.
Not number gains though

:frown:
Original post by Azoiryx
yes obviously. its really kind and we like it.

:P

I know some girls who don't though. They'll overreact calling it "sexual harassment." Complimenting in general is nice but she might've been put on the spot obv
Reply 49
Not number gains though

Don't worry mayne... Just keep prayin to Lord Gains... Pastor gains and Bishop Feathers will guide too all kindzz of number gains... all kinds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyZf_pmvTsA
Not number gains though

Do you love their new outro?:hahaha::hahaha:

Original post by eden3
Reply 51
Original post by 0to100
I know some girls who don't though. They'll overreact calling it "sexual harassment." Complimenting in general is nice but she might've been put on the spot obv

So do i, but if he did smiled in a weird way that was kinda freaky, then yes we will over react and some will call it 'sexual harassment'. Yes complimenting is very nice, just some find it uncomfortable.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by xobeauty
Do you love their new outro?:hahaha::hahaha:

LOOOL it always catches me off-guard and scares the **** out of me :rofl:
every girl is pretty in their own ways...:u:
Original post by eden3
LOOOL it always catches me off-guard and scares the **** out of me :rofl:

Lmaoooooooo holy.

https://youtu.be/_cpZ87vAOLA
So I was buying something and as soon as i paid i said to the cashier that shes really pretty. She smiled and seemed flustered and mumbled thank you, and i smiled and left without saying anything else. Girls would that come across as creepy? If you found someone unattractive and creepy would you still have smiled and been shy about it?

awww this probably made her day :h:

Wow xobeauty didn't know you watched these guys :ahee:
Reply 57
aw no that's well sweet
I'm sure it's not creepy to compliment someone. I doubt she was creeped out.
Ah ok, obviously you didn't think she was that pretty then.

Asked for her number and she said no. Ouch.

Quick Reply