The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by Zayn is Bae
I like how you missed out the very next line though

''Simply taking the victim's word for his or her age may not be enough.'' which basically means that law is not applied very often, and certainly not in Nonceson's case

Because it's irrelevant. In the situation we're talking about, he wouldn't just be taking her word, he'd also be taking the word of someone whose job is to make sure people are old enough.
Original post by difeo
Because it's irrelevant. In the situation we're talking about, he wouldn't just be taking her word, he'd also be taking the word of someone whose job is to make sure people are old enough.

Pretty sure the law doesn't work on theoreticals, and the fact that it's well known many under-age people will enter clubs and bars will surely be taken into account

Lettuce ask the law man @swirly
Original post by difeo

Strong career choice
Apart from

Amir Khan > Zayn

If we're talking young Asian role models.
Original post by zKlown
Amir Khan > Zayn

If we're talking young Asian role models.

True but Zayn for aesthetics innit

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Zayn @Fideo

Cc FK is right
Reply 806
Original post by Lúcio
Strong career choice

A common one for Psychology grads apparently
Original post by difeo
A common one for Psychology grads apparently

U ***** :frown:
Reply 808
Original post by Lúcio
U ***** :frown:

Pls stop with the intellectual deterrents
Original post by difeo

Hehe x

You clubbing before France match?
Original post by difeo

Thoughts on you getting rekt?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 811
Thoughts on you getting rekt?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by swirly
@Zayn @Fideo Cc FK is right
Who to believe: Joshua Rozenberg, Oxford-educated solicitor with 40 years experience, former Legal Affair Editor for the Telegraph, 4 time winner of the Bar Council's Legal Reporting Award, or swirly, unemployed TSR poster
Original post by difeo
Who to believe: Joshua Rozenberg, Oxford-educated solicitor with 40 years experience, former Legal Affair Editor for the Telegraph, 4 time winner of the Bar Council's Legal Reporting Award, or swirly, unemployed TSR poster

I think we need to bring in an expert.

Where is Sheddy? He's a fair and intelligent poster.
Original post by difeo

Except Rozenberg didn't say what you said, that's how you interpreted it.

Who to believe: Difeo, 27 year old who dated a 15 year old in 1st year of Biology at London City College, or swirly, Russell Group Law graduate
Reply 814
Except Rozenberg didn't say what you said, that's how you interpreted it.

Who to believe: Difeo, 27 year old who dated a 15 year old in 1st year of Biology at London City College, or swirly, Russell Group Law graduate

What he says literally supports my point, the idea that it doesn't comes from swirly, hence my previous comparison

Who to believe: Difeo, trusted poster with 8 green gems, or FK, banned 17 times, former hoider of 6 red gems for his awful viewpoints such as "the Sun was right" and "I see where ISIS are coming from tbf"
Original post by difeo
What he says literally supports my point, the idea that it doesn't comes from swirly, hence my previous comparison

Who to believe: Difeo, trusted poster with 8 green gems, or FK, banned 17 times, former hoider of 6 red gems for his awful viewpoints such as "the Sun was right" and "I see where ISIS are coming from tbf"

Strong lies

Not it doesn't lol, the line after clearly states that asking/relying on the girl being older than 16 isn't enough
Reply 816
Strong lies

Not it doesn't lol, the line after clearly states that asking/relying on the girl being older than 16 isn't enough

You said something ISIS apologisty about the Charlie Hebdo attacks, obvs I'm exaggerating like you were in your post before

Right, and that line is irrelevant because it's not simply relying on the girl's word. It's also relying on the nightclub, and the idea that that's not enough comes from swirly (and you lol)
Original post by difeo
You said something ISIS apologisty about the Charlie Hebdo attacks, obvs I'm exaggerating like you were in your post before

Right, and that line is irrelevant because it's not simply relying on the girl's word. It's also relying on the nightclub, and the idea that that's not enough comes from swirly (and you lol), hence the comparison

Charlie Hebdo wasn't carried out by ISIS

No, I made the point that in reality, everyone is aware that fake ID is used to gain admission into nightclubs (aka Johnson was), so the possibility of minors being in the club is fairly high (and something that the club should be held responsible for as a result). What you're suggesting is that the law is viewed in a very idealistic way, e.g. that nobody ever uses fake ID and no minors ever enters clubs or lie about their ages. Swirly has said that the law is applied practically, which means that you're wrong
Original post by difeo
It makes perfect sense. We get a year or two of him, and by the time hes declined, Martial and Rashford are the best strikers in the league.

What makes no sense is signing a striker who's never scored 10 league goals

So If you buy ibra who would be sacrificed ? Martial or rashford ? How th **** are they goingto be the best when they sit in the bench for 33 year old ibra ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 819
Charlie Hebdo wasn't carried out by ISIS

No, I made the point that in reality, everyone is aware that fake ID is used to gain admission into nightclubs (aka Johnson was), so the possibility of minors being in the club is fairly high (and something that the club should be held responsible for as a result). What you're suggesting is that the law is viewed in a very idealistic way, e.g. that nobody ever uses fake ID and no minors ever enters clubs or lie about their ages. Swirly has said that the law is applied practically, which means that you're wrong

Sorry you're actually an Al-Qaeda apologist!!

Which brings us back to the lolsy idea of swirly being the final ruling on the law

Latest