The Student Room Group

WJEC AS-Level Chemistry U2 [New AS] 10/6/16

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm sitting the new spec exam too. How's your revision going? Do you think there will be questions on the lab books at all? :smile:
Reply 2
Does anyone know which topics are new to the spec???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gwen11ian
Does anyone know which topics are new to the spec???

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure some of the NMR stuff has been moved from A2 to AS
I had one of the double bonds in a different place but I got very similar thank goodness

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pharmhopeful16
I had one of the double bonds in a different place but I got very similar thank goodness

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had C=C-C=C-COOH and molecular formula of C5H6O2
(edited 7 years ago)
I had one C5H6O2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I got c-c=c=c-cooH
As on the mass spectra showed peak at 15 showing ch3 group

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I got the actual structure wrong but most of my reasoning was there so would I get most of the marks for that? I completely forgot about the Ch3!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That peak was kind of ambiguous; I had it at 14, so I had a CH2 group
Reply 10
Ellie Morgan st michaels school- how are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Other than maybe for certain peaks probably not much. You'd get marks for saying what the peaks are surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same it was very unclear

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got something 30 for percentage yield though cannot remember exactly. I got such a weird percentage error idek

Posted from TSR Mobile
I ended up with like 0.1 over the 0.1 but then got 100% error. Surely we'd have one mark from the error being 0.1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pharmhopeful16
I ended up with like 0.1 over the 0.1 but then got 100% error. Surely we'd have one mark from the error being 0.1

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had 100% error too.
Oh good! How does everyone feel about the six marker? I personally didn't like it ☹️

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought the question was really weird, like I didn't know what they wanted me to say.
Original post by elliekmorgan62
I thought the question was really weird, like I didn't know what they wanted me to say.

That's exactly how I felt, I hope I got some marks for it though. They were too vague. It just said "discuss these statements"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Overall, I was happy with the paper but the grade boundaries will probably still be low because its a new spec.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending