The Student Room Group

Western Europe is ‘CRACKING UP’ on migrants: Now Eastern nations think they're more S

WESTERN Europe is “cracking up” over the ongoing refugee crisis, the Hungarian Prime Minister has declared as he claims eastern nations were right to be harsh on migrants.

Viktor Orbán said elitist leaders in the west were steaming ahead with migrant settling plans their citizens were vehemently against.

He laid into the region at a summit yesterday, where he declared the tumultus continent was now actually being lead by the Visegrad states - Hungary, Slovakia, Poland and the Czech Republic.

In a ferocious critique of the European Union, he explained while governments of western countries like the UK, Germany and France were ignoring their citizens, the Visegrad was listening to concerns and representing the views of the population - especially regarding immigration.

More:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/678463/western-europe-cracking-up-orban-eu-referendum-migrants
[QUOTE="WhiteMan16;65632987"]WESTERN Europe is “cracking up” over the ongoing refugee crisis, the Hungarian Prime Minister has declared as he claims eastern nations were right to be harsh on migrants.

Viktor Orbán said elitist leaders in the west were steaming ahead with migrant settling plans their citizens were vehemently against.

He laid into the region at a summit yesterday, where he declared the tumultus continent was now actually being lead by the Visegrad states - Hungary, Slovakia, Poland and the Czech Republic.

In a ferocious critique of the European Union, he explained while governments of western countries like the UK, Germany and France were ignoring their citizens, the Visegrad was listening to concerns and representing the views of the population - especially regarding immigration.

More:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/678463/western-europe-cracking-up-orban-eu-referendum-migrants[/QUOTE]

Yet again, he is completely correct.

Although leftists are trying to turn the country its an Islamic country, so from their point of view, everything is going to plan.
Reply 2
Good on the Hungarians!
Maybe countries are ignoring their citizens because their citizens are xenophobes.

A lot of countries in the EU are reaching a point where their populations are ageing and declining. They need immigrants to prop them up or they'll sink like a sack of ****. Japan is in exactly the same situation, and their country is falling to bits because they don't want foreigners come over to fill their jobs - so they have nobody to fill them. It blows my mind that people would rather let their economy fall apart than allow people of a different skin colour to come in. Disgusting.
While it's true that Western European countries might need a bigger workforce than they currently have, the problem won't be solved by islamic immigration. We'd have even more people dependant on the welfare state.
Reply 5
Original post by JordanL_
Maybe countries are ignoring their citizens because their citizens are xenophobes.

A lot of countries in the EU are reaching a point where their populations are ageing and declining. They need immigrants to prop them up or they'll sink like a sack of ****. Japan is in exactly the same situation, and their country is falling to bits because they don't want foreigners come over to fill their jobs - so they have nobody to fill them. It blows my mind that people would rather let their economy fall apart than allow people of a different skin colour to come in. Disgusting.

I find it disgusting, short sighted and frankly nihilistic that some people would happily see distinct peoples displaced in their ancient, ancestral homelands just for the sake economics, especially when better solutions are avaliable, such as government incentivisating more procreation amongst the native populace (as the Russians are currently doing with pretty good success). And I won't even go into the decay of social cohesion a mass influx of foreign cultures causes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by JordanL_

Your statement doesn't allow for the possibility that you/they might be wrong about the motivations of the citizens, and that their opinions may be a product of rational fear rather than xenophobia. It is that kind of supremacist fascism (we're smart, you're stupid so shut up) which gets governments violently overthrown.

Japan is trying various different things to bring up their birth rate before they use the last resort of migrants. Like improving work/life balance, labour reform and more flexible working hours (which prove to positively affect birth rate). They don't need to worry about "people of a different skin colour" because they can take workers from China/Korea. They don't need to take any middle eastern migrants so I wouldn't say the country was "falling apart". Seemed just fine last time I was there.
Reply 7
Original post by Jebedee
Japan is trying various different things to bring up their birth rate before they use the last resort of migrants. Like improving work/life balance, labour reform and more flexible working hours (which prove to positively affect birth rate). They don't need to worry about "people of a different skin colour" because they can take workers from China/Korea. They don't need to take any middle eastern migrants so I wouldn't say the country was "falling apart". Seemed just fine last time I was there.

I agree, all the people that I know that oppose immigration, oppose it merely on a cultural level. I don't want to sound racist, because I'm not but the UK receives a lot more immigration meant the benefit from the state than other countries. This hurts legitimate citizens who pay tax while putting pressure on our NHS and public services.

In addition we also get a lot of immigration now where people refuse to accept the cultural beliefs of the country. For example people will not learn English or interact in a way that is 'British.' I can understand people wanting to speak their own language, but if you plan to live here long term I don't think it's unreasonable to be asked to respect the country you are going to. I mean at one point people who weren't even citizens managed to get the UK flag pulled down for being offensive, in the UK. This isn't about us not respecting their cultures, but about them being intolerant and forcing change upon us, our own citizens to support them. Ultimately selfish behaviour if you ask me because you wouldn't go to a country like Japan and acting like an English drunk, take money from the welfare system without putting in and expecting them to respect you, it's an utter disgrace if you ask me that we are able to be pushed around like this.

I know this may seem xenophobic and it's not, I know that there are also a lot of immigrants who do adapt to our way of life and try their best, these are the people we accept as a society, because they don't disrupt it. Ultimately voting to leave will have control over what type of immigration will come to the UK, so it will be a net positive.
Reply 8
The leaders of Europe don't want to be supplanted in the next elections, so they bring in migrants who will vote for them in the election.

Migrants vote for left wing governments due to being mostly women who think about welfare to keep their children with food and a home.

Leaders are drugged up high on political power, and invite migrants to secure their next term in office and so keep their political high going.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending