The Student Room Group

Boyfriend refusing to meet me half way

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chikane
You sure it's not an excuse he is giving you?

I haven't got a clue i can't exactly ask his friends lol.

He was fine in bed..if you get my drift this is just so weird.
Tbh i was expecting him to say he's got a wife or kids or something but Gay? like talk about straight out of left field.
Original post by Anonymous

Either way it's such a shame you had given that much devotion to this guy.

He's either lying and is hiding something worse or he is having trouble coming to terms with his sexuality, in either case he used you and had little respect for how you felt.

Spoiler

Sounds very dodgy to me. Is he secretly married? You know nothing of his family, yet you carry on. Give him an ultimatum. Meet his family, has he met yours? Paying for jotels, he pays for some crappy food? Wow such a gent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is weird is he on fb? Can you check who his friends are on there?
I think he just said this to make you back off but you breaking up with him is the best decision.
'I'm gay so that makes it alright for me to have mucked you about because I'm no sure about anything'.

No.

Whether it is true or not, who knows. But run.
Thanks all for your support and comments not going to lie i am upset as he was a lovely guy.

But i need my sanity.
P.S - I've got 17 phone calls and 4 texts since i told him it's over.

Cheers.
Tbh i was expecting him to say he's got a wife or kids or something but Gay? like talk about straight out of left field.

There is a good chance this is a load of rubbish. He could still be hiding the wife and gf. If its not true he is dumped.

If it is true he is dumped because he kept something like that private, when its obvious you were interested in a relationship. He deceived you.

193,000 messages Is a bit abnormal that's 44 messages an hour for 16 hours a day.

You need to learn from it. paying out £5,000 for hotel rooms when he paid nothing is foolish. He played you.

Imo the gay thing was always his escape plan. Notice you still dont get to meet his friends.
Original post by 999tigger
There is a good chance this is a load of rubbish. He could still be hiding the wife and gf. If its not true he is dumped.

If it is true he is dumped because he kept something like that private, when its obvious you were interested in a relationship. He deceived you.

193,000 messages Is a bit abnormal that's 44 messages an hour for 16 hours a day.

You need to learn from it. paying out £5,000 for hotel rooms when he paid nothing is foolish. He played you.

Imo the gay thing was always his escape plan. Notice you still dont get to meet his friends.

I think she already knows it was foolish to pay that much but she loved him so she probably didn't mind at the time.
Original post by chikane
I think she already knows it was foolish to pay that much but she loved him so she probably didn't mind at the time.

What's your point?

We all make mistakes. but she needs to learn from them. Whether she loved him or not, then it created an imbalance, which is a warning sign many other people would have spotted. That should ahve set off alarm bells, which in turn would have brought matters to a head that much sooner.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
What's your point?

We all make mistakes. but she needs to learn from them. Whether she loved him or not, then it created an imbalance, which is a warning sign many other people would have spotted. That should ahve set off alarm bells, which in turn would have brought matters to a head that much sooner.

I think she already knows she made a mistake and she will know to be more careful in the future.
Absolutely i accept i have been very foolish but when you are sucked in it's just awful.

Thank you everybody for the comments and all the best.
Absolutely i accept i have been very foolish but when you are sucked in it's just awful.

Thank you everybody for the comments and all the best.

Don't answer any of his calls or texts you deserve better.
I'm sorry to hear your bad news. I still think there's more to it than he's letting on though. Whether he's straight,gay or bisexual,what do you want a bet he is in a relationship with someone? Maybe even living with them? If it was me [and maybe i'm just thinking vindictively I don't know], I would find out where he lives [you could check his details on the website 192.com] and see if anyone else is listed at the same address as him.[Apart from maybe his mum and dad]. What i'm trying to get at is, if he is seriously involved with someone else,man or woman, that other person needs to know what has been going on between the two of you for the last nine months. They need to be made aware of the type of person he is. It will devastate them,but can you imagine if he has a wife at home and he has been meeting up with men for sex? [BTW, it's a known fact that a lot of men who are married to women are secretly having sex with men without anyone knowing, least of all their poor wives.] Good luck to you anyway. I hope you will be able to move on with your life, but if I were you I wouldn't let him get away with potentially carrying on with anyone, male or female behind a partner's back, if he has one.
Original post by markova21
I'm sorry to hear your bad news. I still think there's more to it than he's letting on though. Whether he's straight,gay or bisexual,what do you want a bet he is in a relationship with someone? Maybe even living with them? If it was me [and maybe i'm just thinking vindictively I don't know], I would find out where he lives [you could check his details on the website 192.com] and see if anyone else is listed at the same address as him.[Apart from maybe his mum and dad]. What i'm trying to get at is, if he is seriously involved with someone else,man or woman, that other person needs to know what has been going on between the two of you for the last nine months. They need to be made aware of the type of person he is. It will devastate them,but can you imagine if he has a wife at home and he has been meeting up with men for sex? [BTW, it's a known fact that a lot of men who are married to women are secretly having sex with men without anyone knowing, least of all their poor wives.] Good luck to you anyway. I hope you will be able to move on with your life, but if I were you I wouldn't let him get away with potentially carrying on with anyone, male or female behind a partner's back, if he has one.

Hi thanks for your reply i checked that website and it's only him and his sister and his parents.
Good Evening All.

I have been in a relationship for the past 9 months with my boyfriend he is refusing to introduce me to his friends and his family.

I have paid now 7 times...for a Hotel to see him for several weeks at a time costing me over £5000 (I work full time and so does he) i have never been to his house nor met any of his friends.

Anytime i bring up this i get a blank response and he changes the subject.

What am i meant to do? I love this guy HUGELY, and he messages me first in the morning and last at night and just looking through our Facebook chats and we we have had over 193,000 messages.

I get ''I love you so much'' several times throughout the day argh please help!

Am i wasting my money? , he doesn't earn anything like i do but when i do visit he pays for some meals for me etc.

this is usually because their either lying or trying to hide something
also, how do u check to see how many messages you sent?
Hi thanks for your reply i checked that website and it's only him and his sister and his parents.

So sorry to hear about your situation... what is he even saying? Hes been trying to contact you to say what? Hes gay, there's not much more to say, or am i missing something.... just apologising?
193k messages? holy furak, thats like a message every 2 minutes consistently with no sleep for 9 months.
Original post by shawtyb
this is usually because their either lying or trying to hide something
also, how do u check to see how many messages you sent?

Go into your Facebook messages (Not chat) and scroll up to the top of a conversation and it will say ''See previous ******'' messages.
Go into your Facebook messages (Not chat) and scroll up to the top of a conversation and it will say ''See previous ******'' messages.

doesnt on mine :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending