UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by femzz15
the grade boundaries for a c is 65-68 marks it cannot go any higher

I'm not talking about a c I'm talking about an a*
Original post by Usmaan345
It was good bro I think I got a B

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's really good!:biggrin: considering you said you got 48 in the first one.
Reply 2122
I wanted an A* and I think I got 162 .-.
Original post by MovedMasterMike
Does an A in GCSE Maths look good? I could've got an A* but I'm really kicking myself because of careless mistakes. Is it bad to have an A because it's a core subject? Thanks

Don't worry I'm really annoyed with myself too I've made so many stupid mistakes and it really has costed me marks even though I know what I meant and it's even more annoying when people expect you to get an a* but you think or know you'll get an a, it's not as bad as you think because if you're doing a level maths like me you can prove people wrong and you only ever get better at something if you keep making mistakes that's how you succeed so don't worry :smile:
MATHEMATICS EDEXCEL HIGHER MARKSCHEME (BOTH PAPERS) WITH PREDICTED GRADE BOUNDARIES

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a-ighNmzrkVh83g7jUT5SEsnU0_Gbs-DHLW0RKCow94/mobilebasic?pli=1

How did you arrive at these Grade Boundaries, what criteria have you taken?
Original post by ca.hardy
I got 18.9cm for the perimeter of the circle segment and I am pretty sure that was right. How was it that it was 28.9cm? If anyone knows the angle that was in the segment then I can try and work it out again - or alternatively if someone could explain. Thanks :smile:

I think i got that too. The angle was 75.
I went wrong by forgetting to double the radius!
for the ratio of 3:4, I instead wrote 1:0.75

although this isn't what you have written, it is technically right, do you think i will get any marks?
Original post by Meegan543210
Don't worry I'm really annoyed with myself too I've made so many stupid mistakes and it really has costed me marks even though I know what I meant and it's even more annoying when people expect you to get an a* but you think or know you'll get an a, it's not as bad as you think because if you're doing a level maths like me you can prove people wrong and you only ever get better at something if you keep making mistakes that's how you succeed so don't worry :smile:

I guess thats true Thanks. After all an A is not that bad and I wanna do Maths for A-level.
Original post by hamza772000
That's really good!:biggrin: considering you said you got 48 in the first one.

Yeh I think I just slightly scrapped the B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh I think I just slightly scrapped the B

Posted from TSR Mobile
A B is a B, doesn't matter if you've scraped it.
A B is a B, doesn't matter if you've scraped it.

When you get your results does A- B+ B- exist or is it just an A or B or C

Posted from TSR Mobile
When you get your results does A- B+ B- exist or is it just an A or B or C

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it does say A- B- C-, but it counts as a B though.
I think 24b is actually 1/(x-1)
I think it does say A- B- C-, but it counts as a B though.

It just says A, B, C etc but you can get the breakdown from your school after a while. Not sure how long though.
Original post by MissBdaviesMaths
It just says A, B, C etc but you can get the breakdown from your school after a while. Not sure how long though.
Oh, thanks a lot and do you get your marks too?
Oh, thanks a lot and do you get your marks too?

Pretty sure you do. I asked a Sixth Form friend of mine and he told me he got 199/200 marks for Maths, so you must get your marks back from each exam.
Omg I feel as if I've done bad i want to at least get a B does anyone know the grade boundaries???
Original post by epage
For the trial and improvement one my few ids were saying they got 3.7 but I got 3.8 and I was 100% sure that was right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got 3.8 aswell
Original post by SixthAge
Pretty sure you do. I asked a Sixth Form friend of mine and he told me he got 199/200 marks for Maths, so you must get your marks back from each exam.
Ok Thanks a lot.:biggrin: I'm excited to see what I got.:tongue:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465587242.167366.jpg ok so if you look at this you can see the highest grade boundaries was in june 2013. I just did the non calc paper and managed to get 96/100 whereas the 2016 paper we did I only managed to get high 80s maybe low 90s. It was definitely apparent that the june 2013 paper was much easier. Do you think the grade boundaries will be around 169?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending