The Student Room Group

China Bans Interracial Marriages For Females; No Plans To Restrict Men

The Supreme People’s Court of China today passed legislation that will ban Chinese women from marrying non-Chinese men, with the law coming into effect at the beginning of 2018. The policy had been fiercely debated for a number of months before it finally won approval from the required number of legislators earlier today. Civil rights groups in China have condemned the restriction, pointing out that it discriminates against women by still permitting males to enter into interracial marriages.

http://www.eastasiatribune.com/north-asia/china-bans-interracial-marriages-for-females-no-plans-to-restrict-men/

For different reasons, the shortage of women is also hitting Europe hard, see

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/01/europe-refugees-migrant-crisis-men-213500

Will a similar debate take place in Europe?

Scroll to see replies

Probably not.

This is a stupid policy.
Reply 2
Original post by SHallowvale
Probably not.

This is a stupid policy.

And your post does not display a deep intelligence either.
Original post by plstudent
And your post does not display a deep intelligence either.

Ok?

I don't think people are sexist and racist enough in Europe, or the UK at least, to believe that a women shouldn't be able to marry a foreign person because a native male 'deserves' them more.
(edited 7 years ago)
The gender imbalance under the status quo is horrific- do we see an improvement under the new mech- potentially but is it morally justifiable to deny freedom of choice- unequivocally no. Yet, one must assess the perimeters of such new legislative change, it is unlikely to affect rural areas in which there is lesser interaction with perhaps the West, moreover the ramifications are heavily mitigated by the potential benefits of reducing quite frankly, abhorrent cases of rape and sexual abuse across the PRC.
Reply 5
Ok?

I don't think people are sexist and racist enough in Europe, or the UK at least, to believe that a women shouldn't be able to marry a foreign person because a native male 'deserves' them more.

It's called fighting for your own interests. That's what a country is supposed to do. Except European leaders are traitors.
It's called fighting for your own interests. That's what a country is supposed to do. Except European leaders are traitors.

Whose interests, exactly? And what interests?

It wouldn't be in my interests for someone to tell me who I can/cannot marry, or have children with.
Idiot logic, this is allowing racism, discrimination and unfairness, we need justice and equality.
This could also backfire on them, women can just leave the place and move elsewhere.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wouldn't be surprised, coming from China. And they have this thing called, "rich tall man" gao fu shiau or something, and women have "rich white pretty" bai fu shiau, something like that I read. So it's culturally indoctrinated for them to prefer pale women, and keep the country homogeneous and stuff. So like if the woman gets a foreign man he will "take" the Chinese lady prize from the Chinese man, and possibly (not possible with all them people) endanger the race. lol Or bring a non Chinese man in to "rule" China if it becomes common for the women to get a different race man, which ain't even common anyway. Or perhaps it's to stop mail order brides, dunno. It's sad but I prefer Japan anyway. :cool:

And they say the population is too high, so they killed off female babies, now all of a sudden they care about "not enough women to marry?"

Psh.
Reply 9
Whose interests, exactly? And what interests?

It wouldn't be in my interests for someone to tell me who I can/cannot marry, or have children with.

The interests of the Chinese. Women have plenty of men to choose from already.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.
No wonder since Chinese tend to have tiny, pixelated cocks. Women ain't going for that.
Reply 12
They'll probably legalise polygamous marriage soon.

I mean, sure. If you're a Chinese person and believe in racial supremacy then this is great news. This also makes you an ass.
Reply 14
Original post by elizah
Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Your progressive garbage doesn't work with me. I just don't care.
Reply 15
I mean, sure. If you're a Chinese person and believe in racial supremacy then this is great news. This also makes you an ass.

It's not supremacy, it's survival.
Your progressive garbage doesn't work with me. I just don't care.

Oh yes, because equality is so fuking awful isn't it. Get out of your mom's basement.
It's not supremacy, it's survival.

Humans aren't going to die out anytime soon.
It's Ridiculous. No way will it be mirrored over here.
Gutted!:colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending