The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry F322 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Unofficial Markscheme Anyone?
Reply 181
Original post by Project22
Definitely higher than 75. Last year was 79 and this years paper was easier. Since only A2 people are doing it my guess would be around 85-86 for an A.

It's not only A2 people are doing it. I'm doing both AS and A2 and I'm not a resit. Some people from my class will be doing A2 (old specification still) next year.
Original post by AsheColdwater
Was the alcohol to alkene a condensation or dehydration reaction?

Both remove H2O, but I put dehydration because condensation involves the joining of two molecules. Dehydration can apply to just one molecule losing water.
Original post by NiniMCa
Both remove H2O, but I put dehydration because condensation involves the joining of two molecules. Dehydration can apply to just one molecule losing water.

hmm good point
Original post by HediIsLord
elimination/dehydration

Whats the difference between condensation and dehydration/elimination?
Reply 185
Original post by Randall13
Anyone 259 for the petrol one?

I got that, I was totally unsure in the exam if it was right, but quite a few people seem to have the same answer.
Could some one explain the polymerisation question?? What was the monomer and its Mr??? I got something stupid like 84??
Reply 187
Cos it's a ratio of moles not mass
Anyone 259 for the petrol one?

yep!
Original post by TicTockClock
Could some one explain the polymerisation question?? What was the monomer and its Mr??? I got something stupid like 84??

50000/70 = 714
Original post by AsheColdwater
Whats the difference between condensation and dehydration/elimination?

condensation is usually a type of reaction between two molecules no? elimination is solely one molecule/conversion into an alkene from an alcohol

condensation polymers for example are the product of condensation reactions
good luck guys
(edited 7 years ago)

I got that the Mr of the monomer was 84 too but from reading other peoples answers not sure it was right:biggrin: ah dear, my dreams of an A in this paper are shot
image.jpg
Original post by Bethaaaaany
I got that the Mr of the monomer was 84 too but from reading other peoples answers not sure it was right:biggrin: ah dear, my dreams of an A in this paper are shot

Not sure if this is correct?
image.jpg

Oooh yes, that's what I put for the monomer! Why did I get 84, was I just being dim? :colondollar:
Reply 195
How many marks was the E/Z isomer question?! Think I drew them in the wrong boxes :/
image.jpg

Isn't there supposed to be CH3 at the top, I'm not sure though.
Reply 197
image.jpg

I got this?
Original post by Poseidonbs

Do you reckon there'll be ecf for structure of D E AND F if I got 4 carbons instead of 3 arbors for the halodenalkae
Original post by Poseidonbs

There was 100% a CH3 on the top!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending