Scroll to see replies

Original post by Georty
image.jpg

I got this?

Wasn't there a CH3 group on the top?
Reply 201
Original post by TicTockClock
Wasn't there a CH3 group on the top?

Possibly, I don't remember, if there was I probably added it to the monomer. I was going off of someone else's polymer drawing in an earlier post.
Original post by Randall13
image.jpg

Not sure if this is correct?

I'm pretty sure you cant put brackets around a dotted line. I remember losing a mark in a past paper for doing that.
image.jpg

Surely this is correct?
@bethaaaaany
This is where 84 mr comes in.
@TicTockClock
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Georty
image.jpg

I got this?

and me, assumed so given that it bonded to the second carbon on the next molecule
w the ch3 on the top
@HediIsLord I think that carbon had a ch3 group.

Look at my previous post.
Original post by Project22
I'm pretty sure you cant put brackets around a dotted line. I remember losing a mark in a past paper for doing that.

you can, it's part of the repeat unit

brackets should essentially 'cut through' bonds pertinent to the next molecule/repeat unit
Should be correct. Did you get the mass of about 14 for the percentage yield one?

I think I floppped that, i got 2. Something
Grade boundary predictions?
Original post by leobrave
Grade boundary predictions?

85 for an A. Easier than last year so if an AS Paper would be 81 for an A but it was only A2 people so reckon 85 is fair.
Original post by Georty
image.jpg

I got this?

Hey! Surely as it says estimate you'd just round to the nearest whole number, that being 714?
Reply 211
Original post by ali_t9001
Hey! Surely as it says estimate you'd just round to the nearest whole number, that being 714?

I think they'll accept 714 and 715. I put 715 as it wanted the Mr to be 50,000 and it wasn't with 714, so I went slightly over.
Original post by Georty
I think they'll accept 714 and 715. I put 715 as it wanted the Mr to be 50,000 and it wasn't with 714, so I went slightly over.

Look at my latest post you guys have drawn the structure wrong. That's why your MR is incorrect.
What was the last question out of?
what were the two m/z fragment ion values?
image.jpg

Surely this is correct?
@bethaaaaany
@TicTockClock

Yes that's what I got, exactly that!

Same but I have seen a lot of different answers for that question, don't know which one is correct.
image.jpg

Surely this is correct?
@bethaaaaany
@TicTockClock

Shouldn't there be a 2nd bond going through the other bracket? Polymers always have 1 bond going through each bracket.

can't have been that, I did this initially

it bonds to the second carbon on the parallel monomer so the bond present in the repeat unit means the double bond is on the second carbon without a branch

if that makes sense :colondollar:
how many marks was the whole of 7 worth?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending