The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FemaleBo55
What's everyone's contribution for AS????

I'm just posting an issues and debates document - all my contributions are on there if you want to have a look!
this is the first half of my issues and debates notes... I'm really really sorry that they are complete yet but somethings come up - I'll try upload the rest ASAP!
Original post by 08graya
I'm just posting an issues and debates document - all my contributions are on there if you want to have a look!

Oh yeah please, im so confused what my actual contributions are like I worte the heading but it wasnt making any sense at all -.- I'll post up the check list of I&D shortly and I'll show you what contributions im doing :tongue:
When talking about contributions to society I mention the "theory" like concepts of austism etc then I relate it to a therapy that will help them such as Drug therapy???
Is that how it goes lol?
I went to a conference and the examiner said something about linking it to therapies, but I cant remember what he said exactly it was like 2 months ago!
Original post by rileystringer1
That's fine!! As long as its not clinical

Original post by 08graya
mine are both from social psych so I don't think it matters :smile: I'm using Hofling et al and Milgram but I suppose you could also have Rosenhan or Genie? :smile:

Awesome, thank you both! :smile: I think I'm going to use Meeus and Raaijmakers and Milgram
Original post by chickenfoot
o that's decent. i definitely lost marks on those field questions and on evaluate bowlby i got 4/6 and on that daycare q i forgot to relate to the people so if they cap marks i'd get 3/5. i smashed the child essay but their d!cks so i'd probably get about 9 with their specific marking, lucky for above that.

being overly cautious and generous at the same time i think i got about 42. as long as it's B i'd be happy. but i need to do extremely well in unit 4 to bring up my marks.

In reality that's probably what I got :lol: My biggest regret is not resitting Unit 2.. the questions on it were really nice I could have gone from a C to an A easily
In reality that's probably what I got :lol: My biggest regret is not resitting Unit 2.. the questions on it were really nice I could have gone from a C to an A easily

saaaame. should've just done it, i thought i'd have to much to do but in reality i hadn't even started revising for A2 then. o well.
saaaame. should've just done it, i thought i'd have to much to do but in reality i hadn't even started revising for A2 then. o well.

I retook unit 2 and was definitely easier than last year lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FemaleBo55
When talking about contributions to society I mention the "theory" like concepts of austism etc then I relate it to a therapy that will help them such as Drug therapy???
Is that how it goes lol?
I went to a conference and the examiner said something about linking it to therapies, but I cant remember what he said exactly it was like 2 months ago!

Nah don't do that. One contribution is only ever going to be worth a maximum of 3 marks (for description), you should do 2 marks worth of theory and 2 marks worth of 'how it helps'

I'm doing 5 AS contributions like prejudice, EWT etc., then 5 treatments as contributions (cog=CBT, social=ACT, learning=S.D., bio=drugs, psycho=dream analysis). Then I'm reusing the treatments for A2 contributions (criminal=CBT, clinical=CBT/ACT/S.D./dream analysis/drugs [so any treatment for a mental disorder])

This works well bcos you have to know 5 treatments for clinical (2 per disorder + an extra) so you're essentially revising two things at once, and you should already know the treatments so you only really have 5 contributions to learn

*I can't actually remember what our Child contribution was, I'd do understanding autism
Nah don't do that. One contribution is only ever going to be worth a maximum of 3 marks (for description), you should do 2 marks worth of theory and 2 marks worth of 'how it helps'

I'm doing 5 AS contributions like prejudice, EWT etc., then 5 treatments as contributions (cog=CBT, social=ACT, learning=S.D., bio=drugs, psycho=dream analysis). Then I'm reusing the treatments for A2 contributions (criminal=CBT, clinical=CBT/ACT/S.D./dream analysis/drugs [so any treatment for a mental disorder])

This works well bcos you have to know 5 treatments for clinical (2 per disorder + an extra) so you're essentially revising two things at once, and you should already know the treatments so you only really have 5 contributions to learn

*I can't actually remember what our Child contribution was, I'd do understanding autism

I resat unit 2 so would it be a good idea if i use gender development as a contribution for bio psycodynamic and learning? and probably a treatment along with them :smile:
This may sound like a stupid question but ...

Do we need to know about different types of schrizophrenia such as catatonic schizophrenia, Axis 1-5 of DSM and description of DSM it self?
Original post by OrdinaryStudent

Do we need to know about different types of schrizophrenia such as catatonic schizophrenia, Axis 1-5 of DSM and description of DSM it self?

Types of schizophrenia yes, axis no, description yes :smile: However, all is useful information

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DarceyKuypers
Types of schizophrenia yes, axis no, description yes :smile: However, all is useful information

Posted from TSR Mobile

has types of schizphrenia come up before?
Possible to revise whole unit 4 in three days?? /_\

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blinkofaneyee

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's what i'm doing!
that's what i'm doing!

How do you revise?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 416
Original post by 08graya
this is the first half of my issues and debates notes... I'm really really sorry that they are complete yet but somethings come up - I'll try upload the rest ASAP!

thank you! :smile:
I'm so unprepared for this exam lmao:

So for learning/ bio explanation for anorexia there was a question on evaluating the explanation with research evidence - however we haven't been taught this and there was no bio/learning on the mark scheme?!?
Has anyone got any research evidence because it was a 5 marker and without research evidence I'd only get two :frown:
I resat unit 2 so would it be a good idea if i use gender development as a contribution for bio psycodynamic and learning? and probably a treatment along with them :smile:

Could do! But how does it help society? If you can think of a way it contributes to society then by all means

No, none of those. You need to know 'features' of schizophrenia so writing the different types might get you a mark, probably safer to learn figures like 1% incidence in general population

has types of schizphrenia come up before?

Nope cos it's not on the spec

Original post by blinkofaneyee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well ya cos I am

that's what i'm doing!

We're on the same level

..got a 3 hour French exam the same day as the 2 hour Unit 4.. really wish I could transfer an hour because I'll be done in French within an hour and a half
Checklist for Issues&Debates: I made it so it can help me keep everything that Im doing in detail, the contributions, ethical issues and research methods may differ as its the ones that Im doing currently. :biggrin:
Enjoy!! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending