The Student Room Group

Are my a level option good??

For next year i have chosen economics , maths , psychology and sociology and i am hoping to study economics and politics at university
Original post by Luke\g
For next year i have chosen economics , maths , psychology and sociology and i am hoping to study economics and politics at university

Yes they are good!
Reply 2
Original post by the IT MAN
Yes they are good!

thank you
Lovely choices - maths, economics and psychology are related through being mathematical and then psychology and sociology are related too. Enjoy! :biggrin:
Original post by Luke\g
thank you

I have studied sociology, psychology and economics its a nice combination I really enjoyed all of my subjects.
Reply 5
would you say they will help me get to a half decent uni
Original post by Luke\g
would you say they will help me get to a half decent uni

Of course! Plus, most universities don't look at what subjects you take, (unless it's something specific) Iv just finished my first year of Sociology As level and my boyfriend has finished his first year of psychology AS level, and we love them, so much so we want to do them at uni! (If you have any more questions please ask!) :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Emeliaaaaa
Of course! Plus, most universities don't look at what subjects you take, (unless it's something specific) Iv just finished my first year of Sociology As level and my boyfriend has finished his first year of psychology AS level, and we love them, so much so we want to do them at uni! (If you have any more questions please ask!) :smile:

thx
Reply 8
just worried tht some universities would consider them to soft
Original post by Luke\g

Yeah they're a good balance too- essay/maths combo works well.
Original post by Luke\g
just worried tht some universities would consider them to soft

I'm doing, sociology, photography, creative writing and media and they really soft lol, but I'm looking at a university that's 12th on the leaderboard and they're keen to have me! It's about the grades TBH and I'm get A/B's
Reply 11
Original post by Emeliaaaaa
I'm doing, sociology, photography, creative writing and media and they really soft lol, but I'm looking at a university that's 12th on the leaderboard and they're keen to have me! It's about the grades TBH and I'm get A/B's

thank you and what you going on to study and i wish you luck!!
Original post by Luke\g
thank you and what you going on to study and i wish you luck!!

Thank you! You too! And either sociology or English literature :smile:
Reply 13
would it be helpful to take a science for example chemistry or not?
Try to take two facilitating subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest