The Student Room Group

Anyone going on to do A Levels after GCSE?

Hi! I have just finished my first year of A levels (As Level/Year 12) and if you had any questions or queries about it then ask! I'm with a group of my friends ATM and were a fairly large group and between us we've done most of the a level options, so I'm sure we could help slightly if you have any questions aha
Reply 1
Are A-levels as scary as people make them out to be? Also, how big is the jump from GCSE to A-level?
Reply 2
Original post by mawy
Are A-levels as scary as people make them out to be? Also, how big is the jump from GCSE to A-level?

Even though it may seem over-exaggerated by many, the jump is actually quite huge. Make sure you start writing your revision notes from day 1.
Reply 3
Original post by mawy

I didn't think so (and to be honest, I'm pretty dumb!) it's harder, because everything goes into more detail, but it's not like you can't do it. It's just extra work but because you're only doing 4 you can focus on them more than you would at GCSE because you have to do 10, if not more subjects. So I wouldn't say they're scary, you just have to work hard and not slack because truthfully there's no room for it! Everyone makes out the jump is really hard, but no a level student actually says that,
People just assume! You'll find some things easy and some not. A tip would be to go over something after college/school if you didn't get it in lesson. Honestly helps so much

Quick Reply

Latest