Coventry

Chance me for Warwick Economics?

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Don Joiner
Hi, I know it's hard to say how likely someone is of getting an offer but any attempts would be really appreciated as i need help deciding on uni choices..

I got 10A* at GCSE, if all goes well this year 3A's at AS and should have at least A*A*A predicted,

In terms of subjects I do Maths, Economics Geography and AS Further Maths (and an AS in French)

Would I be likely to get an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

FFS, you keep asking this.. You will get into the majority of good courses at good unis provided your personal statement is good enough. Humble bragging the same grades over and over again isn't doing anyone much good tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I know it's hard to say how likely someone is of getting an offer but any attempts would be really appreciated as i need help deciding on uni choices..

I got 10A* at GCSE, if all goes well this year 3A's at AS and should have at least A*A*A predicted,

In terms of subjects I do Maths, Economics Geography and AS Further Maths (and an AS in French)

Would I be likely to get an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Econ is competitive here at Warwick, while you tick the Academic box on grades, you need to show relevant work experience, write an excellent personal statement that vividly illustrates why your ethos and Warwick's are compatible. Perhaps attend an Economics summer school at a university, and demonstrate that you hold a high level of commercial awareness into contemporary financial affairs.
Reply 4
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Econ is competitive here at Warwick, while you tick the Academic box on grades, you need to show relevant work experience, write an excellent personal statement that vividly illustrates why your ethos and Warwick's are compatible. Perhaps attend an Economics summer school at a university, and demonstrate that you hold a high level of commercial awareness into contemporary financial affairs.

Thanks! I'm undertaking an EPQ in which I will look into the causes of the 2008 financial crisis; do you think this will improve my application?

Also, what sort of work experience would you suggest? I can't find many to do with economics :frown:

Thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! I'm undertaking an EPQ in which I will look into the causes of the 2008 financial crisis; do you think this will improve my application?

Also, what sort of work experience would you suggest? I can't find many to do with economics :frown:

Thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

EPQ is always good but everyone at Warwick has done the EPQ and got an A* in it lol so it is not exactly that impressive. Work experience does not necessarily need to be confined to economics, anything in finance is relatable. I would recommend looking at internships in retail banking (HSBC etc) where they are more likely to accept someone from lower sixth than in IB sector (where you will most likely end up applying for summer internships whilst at university).
Reply 6
Original post by Magnus Taylor
EPQ is always good but everyone at Warwick has done the EPQ and got an A* in it lol so it is not exactly that impressive. Work experience does not necessarily need to be confined to economics, anything in finance is relatable. I would recommend looking at internships in retail banking (HSBC etc) where they are more likely to accept someone from lower sixth than in IB sector (where you will most likely end up applying for summer internships whilst at university).

Wow everyone has done an EPQ? That surprises me!

Yes I've done the HSBC work experience in Retail Banking and a Wealth Management, I'll have a look for others.

Overall, would you say I should apply to Warwick?

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I've done the HSBC work experience in Retail Banking and a Wealth Management, I'll have a look for others.

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, hopefully see you in a years time :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Princepieman
Yes, hopefully see you in a years time :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you applying for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are you applying for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have an offer for Data Science, starting this Oct.
Reply 10

Oh wow congrats! Yeah hopefully see you there :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! I highly recommend you choose bluebell accommodation, it is so good :smile:

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you'll get an offer
All you have to do is to get the grades and write a good personal statement. Nothing more. I got an offer without work experience, I didn't even do further maths. So you're good to go.
Reply 14

Are you here at Warwick
Original post by Hi1997
Are you here at Warwick

non, why you looking at old posts fam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending