The Student Room Group

Did anyone take AS CIE Chemistry exam today?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
Hopefully it's not like last year ( may/june for the variant 1's) . If you met the minimum number of marks to get an A in all 3 papers, overall you would end up with a high B something like 86, tho a grade A started at 95.

That is not cool
Original post by InkRed
That is not cool

CIE have never been fair:angry:
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
Hopefully it's not like last year ( may/june for the variant 1's) . If you met the minimum number of marks to get an A in all 3 papers, overall you would end up with a high B something like 86, tho a grade A started at 95.

That's absolutely RIDUCULOUS!?!?!?!?!?:mad: Whats the point of even having a gt if they're not going to follow it! God...this has just made me even more stressed!
Btw good luck to everyone taking Physics tomorrow!.....Then Freedom:banana::banana2:
Original post by Planehopper
That's absolutely RIDUCULOUS!?!?!?!?!?:mad: Whats the point of even having a gt if they're not going to follow it! God...this has just made me even more stressed!
Btw good luck to everyone taking Physics tomorrow!.....Then Freedom:banana::banana2:

YAAAAS FREEDOM !!!
I've been daydreaming this day for so long (literally)
Lets pray Phy paper goes great :biggrin:
Good Luck!
Reply 284
What variants did you take? You're talking about AS...right?

I took 2. And yes As and A2 both pretty weird.
Reply 285
Freiheit:d
Reply 286
And as for pressures at 5000m altitude, they can curl up in a corner and DIE
Original post by InkRed
And as for pressures at 5000m altitude, they can curl up in a corner and DIE

I got A..........UGH, I HATE THAT QUESTION.
Reply 288
I did too.
Unfortunately altitude. Com predicts it to be 56k. I think there was an option like that.
So how was your paper guys? Better or worse than chem p1? Any new/unexpected stuff?:u:
Original post by Some one
So how was your paper guys? Better or worse than chem p1? Any new/unexpected stuff?:u:
some of it was tricky, long calculations etc, i think if i had more time i would have done way better.
thats what i saw, not sure if it's the way it works, because after weighting its 130, but after adding them up its 140.
Damn p11 was great (yet again) . Anybody up for discussion?:biggrin:
omg the physics paper was not as hard as i expected but then i think i cud do better.........but sometimes i feel like it dint go that well
....i was happy enjoying the fact that there isint any exams after this .....:biggrin: :biggrin:

time management was always a problem in chem paper 1 ughhhh but then the paper was easy ......but i think i cudve done better
hw was urs
Damn p11 was great (yet again) . Anybody up for discussion?:biggrin:

it was nice ...i liked it but then i expected a bit more than myself ....
and i think i cudve dne better if i had TIME
hw was urs?
Original post by alyoan tariq
it was nice ...i liked it but then i expected a bit more than myself ....
and i think i cudve dne better if i had TIME
hw was urs?

Had the paper been of 1 hour i would have had time issues. But thank God they added those extra 15 mins so i had enough time to recheck. I'm not sure about 2 or 3 questions but other than that it was really good for me. Paper wasnt exceptionally hard or easy, somewhere in between.
Had the paper been of 1 hour i would have had time issues. But thank God they added those extra 15 mins so i had enough time to recheck. I'm not sure about 2 or 3 questions but other than that it was really good for me. Paper wasnt exceptionally hard or easy, somewhere in between.

WHATTTTTT SINCE WHEN DID U GET EXTRA 15 MINUTES
WE NEVER GOT EXTRA 15 min ...wait wut
we got it in physics but never in bio and chem
Original post by Hirusha Madushan
Because of planar carbonyl group.so there's an equal chance of nucleophile attacking either side..

Hey Hirusha, didn't expect to find you here :wink:
Original post by FunkyBanana
Hey Hirusha, didn't expect to find you here :wink:

Hi!!!...
I resat for the Chem paper today!!!Actually I found this paper much easier than May June paper because no spectroscopy came.

How was it for you??

Quick Reply

Latest