The Student Room Group

2 A's and (possibly) a B at AS, Should I still apply for Natsci

Alright im an international applicant and I really wanna know if I should apply for Natural sciences. My grades and stuff:
IGCSEs:
5 A* 5A 1B
Quite an underachieving school + I got A*s in all science and maths.
AS:
Nearly 100% sure of high A in Maths and Physics. The chemistry exams didnt go brilliant but im sure the overall grade is gonna be low A or high B. I also took AICT(not planning on continuing A2) and Im expecting an A grade in it too.
IELTS:
Overall 8.0, nothing below 7.0 (the website states minimum 7.5 overall and nothing below 7.0)

I am planning on doing an EPQ and have already started alot of further reading, including many books from the Natsci reading list. Also I represented my school at a science competition hosted by UNESCO and won the third prize.If it matters my school will be willing to predict me A*s and As and if it will help my aplication I might decide on doing further maths at AS too.
So with a strong personal statement, good test scores and some good interviews do you think I can get an offer.
Reply 1
Original post by Tayyabshabbirtsr
Alright im an international applicant and I really wanna know if I should apply for Natural sciences. My grades and stuff:
IGCSEs:
5 A* 5A 1B
Quite an underachieving school + I got A*s in all science and maths.
AS:
Nearly 100% sure of high A in Maths and Physics. The chemistry exams didnt go brilliant but im sure the overall grade is gonna be low A or high B. I also took AICT(not planning on continuing A2) and Im expecting an A grade in it too.
IELTS:
Overall 8.0, nothing below 7.0 (the website states minimum 7.5 overall and nothing below 7.0)

I am planning on doing an EPQ and have already started alot of further reading, including many books from the Natsci reading list. Also I represented my school at a science competition hosted by UNESCO and won the third prize.If it matters my school will be willing to predict me A*s and As and if it will help my aplication I might decide on doing further maths at AS too.
So with a strong personal statement, good test scores and some good interviews do you think I can get an offer.

No one can say. Not even an Admissions Tutor without seeing your overall application, and the gathered field of other applicants.

Apply, and see what happens. FM might be helpful. Most NatSci offer holders have 4 A-levels. That's not to say 4 A-levels are *required*.
Original post by jneill
No one can say. Not even an Admissions Tutor without seeing your overall application, and the gathered field of other applicants.

Apply, and see what happens. FM might be helpful. Most NatSci offer holders have 4 A-levels. That's not to say 4 A-levels are *required*.

Thank you so much for your reply. What if I do complete A level further maths in a year, that will make it 4 A levels and I might get a better grade in FM than in Chemistry. Does it increase my chances?How will I mention it in my application?
Reply 3
Thank you so much for your reply. What if I do complete A level further maths in a year, that will make it 4 A levels and I might get a better grade in FM than in Chemistry. Does it increase my chances?How will I mention it in my application?

Yes that would be good.

And you simply tell them which modules you are taking but don't yet have grades - it goes on your UCAS (for all universities), and also the SAQ for Cambridge only.

If you're applying with the intention of doing physics then it would definitely help - most people for physics will have it and it is a requirement at some colleges

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending