Reply 60
Nope you were right sodium sulphate is the drying agent
Original post by zak_121
Nope you were right sodium sulphate is the drying agent

What made u change ur mind? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
I read my notes
Had sodium sulphate near to sodium chloride and my mind decided to think sodium chloride was the drying agent
Original post by zak_121
I think it was the D because the higher priority groups were on the same side and the groups on either side with different so it had to be Z-...
I think, correct me if I'm wrong

Yea, it was the Z isomer I think. I think people kinda overthought this question generally. You had to see the highest priority and then from then on, knowing there were 4 different groups, it had to be the Z not the cis-trans variety which is only for the identical groups - should really take about 5 seconds from process of elimination...
Original post by SolomonP
Yea, it was the Z isomer I think. I think people kinda overthought this question generally. You had to see the highest priority and then from then on, knowing there were 4 different groups, it had to be the Z not the cis-trans variety which is only for the identical groups - should really take about 5 seconds from process of elimination...

But was it box A???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Florent venhari
But was it box A???

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't remember to be honest, sorry, I remeber it being C maybe? Idk tbh, whichever was the Z
I can't remember to be honest, sorry, I remeber it being C maybe? Idk tbh, whichever was the Z

Dam I put pie bond instead of sigma, ah well was a 50/50 guess and only one mark, seem to have got most the multiple choice wrong tho, what did everyone get for the Hess cycle?
What did anyone get for the percentage yield??? That one was annoying. It was the density that put me off 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did anyone get for the percentage yield??? That one was annoying. It was the density that put me off 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

39.1 i think or something near that

i got box D was this correct?
Reply 70

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got like something in the 30ish region, you had to multiply the volume by density to work out the mass of the two compounds, then find the theoretical mass of the product using n= m/mr, then just percentage yield.
Original post by Beeplab
I got like something in the 30ish region, you had to multiply the volume by density to work out the mass of the two compounds, then find the theoretical mass of the product using n= m/mr, then just percentage yield.

yeah i did this and got 39.1 or something like that yeah, waht did u get for hess cycle?
Reply 72
Original post by clairebear101
yeah i did this and got 39.1 or something like that yeah, waht did u get for hess cycle?

I got a positive value of 70 something, I don't know if that's right though
Original post by Beeplab

i got -77.2 which i know a few of my mates got but im not sure tbh, it was a tricky one
Original post by Beeplab

I got a positive value in the 70s too :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
i got -77.2 which i know a few of my mates got but im not sure tbh, it was a tricky one

I got that too :biggrin:
Original post by zak_121
I got that too :biggrin:

u got -77.2?? good! yes i think this is correct :smile:

Omg. I got 39.1 too. That was soo random though haha!! I hope it's right! ❀️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg. I got 39.1 too. That was soo random though haha!! I hope it's right! ❀️

Posted from TSR Mobile

I belive it is :smile: x well done
See for the Hess Law, if u did the arrows like it's a combustion cycle, then you get the minus value, but if u did it as formation, you get the positive value. If u search enthalpy of solution (because that's what it was), the cycle is similar to a formation one, so wouldn't the answer be the positive value???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest