The Student Room Group

How to cope with being alone

Hi, ive broke up with my bf of four years and am feeling very lonely. How can i overcome it and go out and make new frienda as i dont have many?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, ive broke up with my bf of four years and am feeling very lonely. How can i overcome it and go out and make new frienda as i dont have many?
Talk to people you know online (or make new friends), or else just read a book if you want to think about something else.

I'm happy talking if you want to.
Volunteer - basically at your local charity shop, food bank, fundraising event etc. It's the easiest way to talk to others "safely" and put an experience on your CV
Reply 3

Find new ways to distract yourself and occupy your time. Go online, try gaming, make new friends on forums. Do stuff online with like minded people. YouTube, Iplayer, 4od <--- all the stuff I do to procrastinate. Give it a bash! You don't need people all the time. Trust me on that.
Reply 4
Original post by Themini
Find new ways to distract yourself and occupy your time. Go online, try gaming, make new friends on forums. Do stuff online with like minded people. YouTube, Iplayer, 4od <--- all the stuff I do to procrastinate. Give it a bash! You don't need people all the time. Trust me on that.

I wouldnt know wherebto start with online forums! I just want people to talk to so i dont feel so alone
Reply 5
I wouldnt know wherebto start with online forums! I just want people to talk to so i dont feel so alone

Well I'm always here! Comfort in strangers and all. So if you get bored or lonely pm me :P. The forum regulars are always here and so are the moderators. There's plenty of people about so don't feel shy! _
(edited 7 years ago)
Go to local meetups, join societies, spend time with existing friends, talk to people online etc.

Drop me a PM if you want a friend. :smile:
Reply 7
you can also join game groups, playing games that require you to communicate with people. online gaming is always available no matter what time of day it is. If you need someone to talk to I'm normally always free so just PM me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending