The Student Room Group

Edexcel Music GCSE 10th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Griffindor18
Two sections for the Miles Davis question were the Link section for part (a) and the Head section for part (c)

Damn it, it wasn't the intro and head?
Original post by Rebecca-Joseph
Damn it, it wasn't the intro and head?

It wasn't the intro because the ride cymbal was playing at the time. My guess is that it must have been after the solo's so you MAY not get the mark (if they are really cruel) for saying intro.
Did anyone put a trill for the piano ornament?
It wasn't the intro because the ride cymbal was playing at the time. My guess is that it must have been after the solo's so you MAY not get the mark (if they are really cruel) for saying intro.

Ahh, thanks anyway

I put tremolo for the piano ornament but you may get the mark because it is basically just a two note trill.

Yeahh it's the trill

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nicolxkub
Yeahh it's the trill

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks
I put tremolo for the piano ornament but you may get the mark because it is basically just a two note trill.

Tremolo is correct teminology
Original post by Jesnazzy
There were four like melodies on the ending flute part in peripetie, was it the first one??

Yeah I got 1st one

Oh there's a link section? Well I didn't even have that in my notes. Great...
Original post by luke_stroud_
Tremolo is correct teminology

See that's what I think, but I don't think a tremolo is an ornament. Trill or tremolo will probably get the mark though
What was the term for the vocal raga? I swear I've never done that
Original post by Andreahdlfuente
Oh there's a link section? Well I didn't even have that in my notes. Great...

Yeah the intro section is repeated throughout between the larger sections. The issue is, in a markscheme I saw that they rejected "intro" if it wasn't the actual introduction but it was a linking section. As the ride cymbal was playing, I suspect it was head (3) after the solos so intro may not get the mark but I have no idea aha
What was the term for the vocal raga? I swear I've never done that

It is an (onion) Bhajan
It is an (onion) Bhajan

Oh well, I didn't know that. I just guessed Tihai which is a random word that I saw when revising on Internet because I didn't get that either from my teacher. Thanks anyways tho
Oh well, I didn't know that. I just guessed Tihai which is a random word that I saw when revising on Internet because I didn't get that either from my teacher. Thanks anyways tho

No worries, always better to take a stab at it than leave it blank!!
What instrument do you play?

Piano
Piano over here too! What grade?

Piano, flute and trumpet. You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending