The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry Paper 2 AS Level 2016 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DaVinciGirl
I wrote they have a high bond enthalpy.

I said the CO bond is polar and there are dipoles so radiation can be absorbed lol
Original post by rosemondtan
I said the CO bond is polar and there are dipoles so radiation can be absorbed lol

It could be right, I tried checking all my textbooks and didn't manage to find an answer
Original post by liziepie
Wouldn't heat loss to apparatus still count as heat loss to enviroment? I thought it might be because data book value uses mean bond enthalpy, but not sure for that one ...

I also thought the same in the exam because I recall that the data book uses mean bond enthalpy. But they didn't state explicitly so I just tried remembering another reason. I said that they didn't consider the specific heat capacity of copper in the calculation :smile:
Na m8 there's always two nitrous oxide
(edited 7 years ago)
Just asked my physics and chem teacher just now and it's 1.31% for the uncertainty! :smile:

That's a relief. Thank you!
It could be right, I tried checking all my textbooks and didn't manage to find an answer

Im thinking its something to do with IR is a certain frequency and bonds like O-H and C=C can absorb those certain frequencies

Also
Was Maxwell Boltsman D?
And I only guessed 1 about the 5H20 compound was it B by any chance? :biggrin:
Reply 166

How do you think you did in paper 1?

Thanks for making these mark schemes btw!
I also thought the same in the exam because I recall that the data book uses mean bond enthalpy. But they didn't state explicitly so I just tried remembering another reason. I said that they didn't consider the specific heat capacity of copper in the calculation :smile:

It's evaporation or container absorbs some heat
I put the copper container

Oh my God your so awesome I writ that tooo I was like it's polar and c has a s+ and I had s- so happy.

Btw in the multiple choose did you guys see the mistake for the bond enthalpy question where it printed c triple bond o instead of c double bond o
Original post by Enderbat1999
Oh my God your so awesome I writ that tooo I was like it's polar and c has a s+ and I had s- so happy.

Btw in the multiple choose did you guys see the mistake for the bond enthalpy question where it printed c triple bond o instead of c double bond o

It was there because the reactants had a carbon monoxide I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote mine to 3 Sig figures but did do 0.5/38x100

So I wrote 1.32 will I still get the mark
It was there because the reactants had a carbon monoxide I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok btw the markscheme you put up for that 6 marker is wrongs I think and a few other s agree cus

It is the oh group first so the alcohol
Then is is thebutane cus van Der waals and greater Mr

Then the aldehyde one as it was polar and only had 3 carbon so dipole dipole and much less can Der waals I checked with my teacher she said it was right
Original post by SANTR
How do you think you did in paper 1?

Thanks for making these mark schemes btw!

Thank you for appreciating it!
Honestly I did not do as well in paper 1, that's because my time limit was terribly bad and I improved on this paper. Hopefully it's still an A but I did do some stupid mistakes. I actually record all marks I think I got for each exam to prepare me for results day lol. In this one I think I got 13 marks wrong and the first paper 18 marks wrong :frown: I really want an A lol
Wouldn't heat loss to apparatus still count as heat loss to enviroment? I thought it might be because data book value uses mean bond enthalpy, but not sure for that one ...

this is exactly what i wrote and im 99% sure it was what they were looking for
Sorry about the misunderstanding, I reworded the sentence :redface:

DW haha. Just clearing something up with them ^
Original post by river222
Im thinking its something to do with IR is a certain frequency and bonds like O-H and C=C can absorb those certain frequencies

Also
Was Maxwell Boltsman D?
And I only guessed 1 about the 5H20 compound was it B by any chance? :biggrin:

I believe the Maxwell is C and I'm not sure which question you are referring to with the 5H2O?
Original post by Splaffie
this is exactly what i wrote and im 99% sure it was what they were looking for

I'll check the mark scheme for the old papers and see what they usually look for :smile:
Oh ok btw the markscheme you put up for that 6 marker is wrongs I think and a few other s agree cus

Then the aldehyde one as it was polar and only had 3 carbon so dipole dipole and much less can Der waals I checked with my teacher she said it was right

But isn't van der waals really the weakest intermolecular force that brings quite easily? Wouldn't permanent dipole dipole overcome the van der waals forces. Not sure tho. Doesn't the alkane only have one extra carbon?

I thought for that question it only had dont include heat transfer? I dont remember the enviroment part, but the mean bond enthalpy is a mark and if it said to the enviroment then apparatus would be correct because the apparatus isn't a gas.

I just googled it and it said the same as what I wrote.
I even searched both of their boiling points. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending