The Student Room Group

Are you a glass half empty or glass half full kind of person?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheOtherSide.
I don't have a proper one either, just ideas of what I might be hoping to do in the future. I think making one is useful, though.

Oh I see, I have a list of future hopes but that's simply, marriage,mortgage,kids (well I say simple it ll be 5 years before I hopefully have all that). I guess travelling and doing things are more for bucket lists I suppose?
I'm an optimist in most situations, even the bad ones.

Spoiler

Original post by BirdIsWord
Yeah, its like if its the day before an exam and your friend hasnt started revising.
He asks you if its too late to start revising.
An optimist would say No! Of course you can get revision in if you stay up late
A pessimist would say Yes you've left it too late and you can only blame yourself
A realist would say You can stay up late but its still really unlikely you'll do well

Maybe its a bad example bit i hope people get the point, and why pessimism can be confused with realism.

Yes, in that example I d take the realist view but edge towards the pessimist view a little bit I suppose.
Original post by claireestelle
Oh I see, I have a list of future hopes but that's simply, marriage,mortgage,kids (well I say simple it ll be 5 years before I hopefully have all that). I guess travelling and doing things are more for bucket lists I suppose?

That's what I meant by what I want to do in the future. :lol: Should've made it clearer. :colondollar:

And yep, I think.
Original post by TheOtherSide.
That's what I meant by what I want to do in the future. :lol: Should've made it clearer. :colondollar:

And yep, I think.

Nah my fault, 1am reading brain of mind is pretty bad:tongue: in that case my bucket list has only Barcelona on it
Original post by champ_mc99
I'm an optimist in most situations, even the bad ones.

Spoiler

We re the complete opposites, but I know there's no way you d actually do what you said in your spoiler :tongue:
Nah my fault, 1am reading brain of mind is pretty bad:tongue: in that case my bucket list has only Barcelona on it

Still something. :yep:

I hope you get to cross that off your bucket list soon! :biggrin:
We re the complete opposites, but I know there's no way you d actually do what you said in your spoiler :tongue:

Lol. I don't know... Let's hope I never have kids. :tongue:
#confused ?
That's your problem :rolleyes:
Realist 100%.
On good days, I try be as glass as half full as possible. :yep:

On days that are less so, that can be a bit of a challenge, but I always try.
Im a look at that glass its got a chip in the rim , I could cut myself and bleed out, better avoid that glass and go buy some safe plastic ones.
I would say i m glass half empty but i m gradually getting less pessimistic.

THAT'S EXACTLY THE SAME AS ME :congrats:
Original post by Mrs.Grey
THAT'S EXACTLY THE SAME AS ME :congrats:

Seems like theres a few pessimist about on tsr:P
Seems like theres a few pessimist about on tsr:P

I guess so :biggrin:
x

I would say the glass is filled halfway......
Original post by Big white
I would say the glass is filled halfway......

Another wise guy I see:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest