The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry Paper 2 AS Level 2016 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Splaffie
especially since iirc in the specimen papers there was a question like this where the answer was mean bond enthalpy

Quite sure our answers are valid, makes perfect sense to me
Why do people spend so much time looking at marks theyve missed it makes no sense to me. If u drop marks theres nothing u can do about so why bother depressing yourself? Just chill guys and revise for the rest of ur a levels ygm
Is it not fair to generalise that all heat transferred to apparatus will necessarily end up in the earths atmosphere....
Original post by marcobruni98
Is it not fair to generalise that all heat transferred to apparatus will necessarily end up in the earths atmosphere....

This aint a physics test they wont care about heat radiation leaving into space

of course it will lol
it is 10.5, (2.20/2)/((0.7/2)*(1.2/2)) = 10.5

Erm, your calculation would give 5.25.. and not 10.5?

I think you're missing the point here - atmosphere is everything and anything in general, reading so deeply into what atmosphere means is unnecessary. Furthermore, heat transferred to the calorimeter will be transferred to the water, those that aren't will be lost to the surroundings from the calorimeter.
Original post by zigocarn
Erm, your calculation would give 5.25.. and not 10.5?

ah yeah its supposed to be 4.40/2 my bad i made a mistake in writing it, the answer will be 10.5 now
That's what I put
Original post by rosemondtan
I think you're missing the point here - atmosphere is everything and anything in general, reading so deeply into what atmosphere means is unnecessary. Furthermore, heat transferred to the calorimeter will be transferred to the water, those that aren't will be lost to the surroundings from the calorimeter.

The atmosphere is not everything, that would be "surroundings" if anything
The atmosphere is not everything, that would be "surroundings" if anything

The thing is they could haven wrote ignore heat to the surrounding but they didnt. They always refer heat to the surronding in Mark schemes so why change the term of surrounding to atmosphere now :/
Original post by DaVinciGirl
The thing is they could haven wrote ignore heat to the surrounding but they didnt. They always refer heat to the surronding in Mark schemes so why change the term of surrounding to atmosphere now :/

That's not what my book says but let's agree to disagree I guess
That's not what my book says but let's agree to disagree I guess

Just re read my sentence and it doesn't even make sense sorry! I was trying to agreed with you but I kinda failed lol must be because it's late.
Original post by Enderbat1999
yes that is right

its not right actually, they werent isomers they just had the same mr, they wouldnt be able to be distinguished from each other
I sat this exam yesterday but I dont recognise any of the answers on your mark scheme!? Is this the CHEM2 old spec exam or is it a new spec exam on the same day?
Reply 215
Original post by kadeharbert
I sat this exam yesterday but I dont recognise any of the answers on your mark scheme!? Is this the CHEM2 old spec exam or is it a new spec exam on the same day?

lol it's the new spec sat yesterday!
its not right actually, they werent isomers they just had the same mr, they wouldnt be able to be distinguished from each other

They were isomers, all isomers have the same Mr

they were functional group isomers as would have same molecular formula but different structural formula and functional group
Original post by DaVinciGirl
Anymore answers are welcome and feel free to correct any mistakes. Thank you!

-Thin layer catalyst maybe because it's more cost effective and catalyst doesn't get used up during reaction so you don't need thick layer. Also it was in on the honeycomb ceramic thing to give it a large surface area, not 100% sure if that's a mark.

-Graph- I drew it lower and slower because there's fewer moles of reactants. Should be lower and quicker according to other because the concentration increased. The line should've been steeper (higher concentration) but levelled off lower (less moles of reactants).

- Suggests how Anti Bumping Granules works? Found this online :erm:
It is also known as Boiling chip. They are small, insoluble, porous stones made of calcium carbonate or silicon carbide. These stones have pores inside which provide cavities both to trap air and to provide spaces where bubbles of solvent vapor can form. When a boiling chip is heated in a solvent, it releases tiny bubbles. These bubbles ensure even boiling and prevent bumping and boiling over and loss of the solution. Reduces the effect of boiling/Reduces vigorous boiling/ensures even boiling according to my teacher. I guessed and put the opposite :/

Multiple Choices
-orange to red, aldehyde one with cho-
-Increase Temp- makes KC increase and yield increase C
-Last question multiple choice is C
-The C,H,O is B- ethanoic acid
-Nucleophilic Substitution
-Total Equilibrium moles 18 of
A+3B->C+2D
-The Cyclohexene general formula- CnH2n-2
-Cracking equation A
-Percentage yield is 86.6%
-Polymer question Which is the alkene- D
-Maxwell Graph- C That number of molecules with E>Eais to the right of the line
-Mechanism Pic B
-Sulphur dioxide removed in gas station with CaO
-1064 missing enthalpy B
- Last multiple choice to do with changing the moles, volume and temperature to get the highest pressure increase: D

For the first 10 questions these may be the answers credit to @quiin f : CDDBAADCAB
Answers to 15 MCQ in order but maybe wrong credit to @britishtf2 :
CDDABBDCABCDCBC

Just added some stuff in bold, thanks for making this
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
they were functional group isomers as would have same molecular formula but different structural formula and functional group

an isomer ALWAYS has the same molecular formula, they had the same mr but a different molecular formula, different molecules can have the same mr, for example c2h6 and h2c=o have the exact same mr but they are definitely not isomers
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending