The Student Room Group

My Flatmate Didn't Know That Sex With A Drunk Girl Is Rape

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WoodyMKC
How would that be quantifiable in a court of law, though? There's no possible way of providing evidence of how drunk someone was.

OK, rely on that. Just assume you'll get away with it. You do know that the guys who don't get this rape thing come across as stupid AND desperate? Like they know they've no chance with a woman who's conscious?
Original post by Normaleila
OK, rely on that. Just assume you'll get away with it. You do know that the guys who don't get this rape thing come across as stupid AND desperate? Like they know they've no chance with a woman who's conscious?

Ironic that you insinuate someone is stupid, when you're under the illusion that anyone who believes that this whole "can't consent when drunk" idea supports/commits rape :rofl:

Could also turn that around and say, if you were to cheat on your partner, and say "nope, I was drunk, so I didn't cheat - I technically couldn't consent, so I was raped" - "OK, rely on that. Just assume you'll get away with it." This is real life, getting drunk doesn't alleviate you of responsibility.
Let's assume YOU are a guy and YOU may at some point get very drunk - drunk enough to be unable to give consent. Wouldn't it be rape if your flatmate or your neighbour or a complete stranger had sex with you?

Revert to my 1st sentence love

Original post by 0to100
I don't think it's right nor enjoyable to **** someone too drunk to understand anything, much less that her pants are being taken off
But if she's drinking, that's on her, I'm all about personal responsibility. You can't just go round knocking em back and expecting to be safe and sound. You SHOULD be no matter WHAT but the REALITY is that you're NOT. Even sober it's dangerous.
This site was a lot better before the tumblr fanatics arrived.

I guess my ex girlfriend raped me because we had consensual sex when i was drunk once. Even though I'm the one who initiated it.

Good job guys

Original post by StrangeBanana
STEM master raceetc
Ironically that's probably UCLs worst few departments
(edited 7 years ago)

Original post by WoodyMKC
Ironic that you insinuate someone is stupid, when you're under the illusion that anyone who believes that this whole "can't consent when drunk" idea supports/commits rape :rofl:

Could also turn that around and say, if you were to cheat on your partner, and say "nope, I was drunk, so I didn't cheat - I technically couldn't consent, so I was raped" - "OK, rely on that. Just assume you'll get away with it." This is real life, getting drunk doesn't alleviate you of responsibility.

Original post by 0to100
Revert to my 1st sentence love

Did you read this?

Sam Obeghe, 24, was having intercourse with the 21-year-old shop assistant at his own apartment at the end of a drunken night out - only to stop when she unexpectedly cried the name of his friend Zack Garrigan. As he did so, the woman - who had earlier been drunkenly romping with 22-year-old Mr Garrigan in the flat - ran her fingers through Mr Obeghe hair and realised she was with the wrong man.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/12/university-student-cleared-of-raping-woman-who-thought-she-was-s/

Original post by Audrey18
Did you read this?

Sam Obeghe, 24, was having intercourse with the 21-year-old shop assistant at his own apartment at the end of a drunken night out - only to stop when she unexpectedly cried the name of his friend Zack Garrigan. As he did so, the woman - who had earlier been drunkenly romping with 22-year-old Mr Garrigan in the flat - ran her fingers through Mr Obeghe hair and realised she was with the wrong man.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/12/university-student-cleared-of-raping-woman-who-thought-she-was-s/

Err yea

Look in my post history for the thread "the sex with the drunk girl rape is infantilising." Someone posted this, I responded. Go look.
Original post by lucabrasi98
This site was a lot better before the tumblr fanatics arrived.

I guess my ex girlfriend raped me because we had consensual sex when i was drunk once. Even though I'm the one who initiated it.

Good job guys

Ironically that's probably UCLs worst few departments

So what you on about? Move with yourself man.
Reply 67
Original post by RossB1702
Wouldn't specify it as rape but probably taking advantage of someone under the influence who can't make rational decisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can women ever make rational decisions?
:hmmmm:
This a poor attempt at trolling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it's rape to have sex when drunk then hell I've been raped a whole load of times. It's rape if she is passed out, or unable to give consent in any way, if she's just drunk but still able to understand the situation then it's not rape.
Original post by DiddyDec
This a poor attempt at trolling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The op is b*llocks but the subject matter ain't
Original post by 0to100
The op is b*llocks but the subject matter ain't

It is a subject that has been done to death.
It is a subject that has been done to death.

Well I ain't seen this topic since yesterday mate
Original post by 0to100
Well I ain't seen this topic since yesterday mate

You haven't been here long.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0to100
So what you on about? Move with yourself man.

Well according to OP and the rest of the tumblr dwellers in this thread, I couldn't give consent and i need to press for rape charges
You haven't been here long.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright well I've been in this thread long then and haven't seen one constructive contribution from anyone in it
Original post by lucabrasi98
Well according to OP and the rest of the tumblr dwellers in this thread, I couldn't give consent and i need to press for rape charges

huh?
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
If it's rape to have sex when drunk then hell I've been raped a whole load of times. It's rape if she is passed out, or unable to give consent in any way, if she's just drunk but still able to understand the situation then it's not rape.

It depends on how drunk she is, because there comes a point where she may be too drunk to consent
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88

Duh at the bold but at the following bit I mean that's hard to say. Drunk isn't just, "I was drinking." Drunk...is drunk. It's got a dropdown definition to it. Drunk means when the individual is intoxicated and presumed uncapable to make logical decisions, come on now. Because as long as there's alcohol in the system it's gotta be considered if it's taken to court. You can't test how stable they were afterwards. Just were they drinking.

Just because it's cultural to drink and **** at pubs and clubs and parties it doesn't mean it's not you being taken advantage of. Rape isn't rape until the woman says she's been.
(edited 7 years ago)
How can you consent if you're totally drunk??? Let's not forget the Stanford rape case. The victim had no recollection of the event so couldn't have consented.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending