The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey Postgraduate entry September 2016

I have just accepted my offer for a Masters in Human Nutrition at Surrey. I start this September. Any other postgraduate students to start in September?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rawati89
Any other postgraduate students to start in September?

Looking forward to enroll in Business Analytics. On-campus accommodation, on the other side, seems unlikely. What's your B-plan?
(edited 7 years ago)
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
I've firmed an offer for MSc in biomedical engineering starting this September.

Why would on campus accommodation be unlikely?
Original post by planet710

Accommodation Policy 2016/17 attached (http://www.surrey.ac.uk/accommodation/documentfinder/Allocation%20Policy%202016-17%20Final%2020160222.pdf)
reads:
" **The expectation for 2016/17 is for those not covered by a guarantee, that there will be extremely limited accommodation availability"

Since I'm an EU postgraduate student I'm NOT covered by any guarantee.
If you're paying overseas fees you are.

Hope it's just a way to play it safe for them.
Reply 4
Original post by filippo90
Accommodation Policy 2016/17 attached (http://www.surrey.ac.uk/accommodation/documentfinder/Allocation%20Policy%202016-17%20Final%2020160222.pdf)
reads:
" **The expectation for 2016/17 is for those not covered by a guarantee, that there will be extremely limited accommodation availability"

Since I'm an EU postgraduate student I'm NOT covered by any guarantee.
If you're paying overseas fees you are.

Hope it's just a way to play it safe for them.

Apply anyway, even if you don't get on campus, you will find something for sure and of short distance around the university. I am paying overseas fees and doubt ill get the room band of my choice
Reply 5
I've firmed an offer for MSc in biomedical engineering starting this September.

Congrats :smile: really looking forward to going to Surrey
Apply anyway, even if you don't get on campus, you will find something for sure and of short distance around the university. I am paying overseas fees and doubt ill get the room band of my choice

Sure I already applied and I keep my fingers crossed :smile:
I'm really excited I'll be studying at Surrey and I really hope this experience can boost my CV.

I know that we're going to be small classes (last year Business Analytics course was followed by 12 people!) and that's something I love.

I'm leaving my current job to enroll in Surrey, do you think the career outcome will be good?

My dream is to live and work in the US... :p:p
Reply 7
Sure I already applied and I keep my fingers crossed :smile:
I'm really excited I'll be studying at Surrey and I really hope this experience can boost my CV.

I know that we're going to be small classes (last year Business Analytics course was followed by 12 people!) and that's something I love.

I'm leaving my current job to enroll in Surrey, do you think the career outcome will be good?

My dream is to live and work in the US... :p:p

As far as I know, Surrey has very low percentages of students not finding jobs within 6 months after graduation. They have strong links with the industry and you should also make an effort to network of course :smile: im sure it will boost your career big time!

Why is your dream to work in the US?
As far as I know, Surrey has very low percentages of students not finding jobs within 6 months after graduation.

(...)

Why is your dream to work in the US?

Well that's reassuring but you can never tell.

About 'Merica honestly...I don't know.
I've been to New York once and I fell in love with the vibe!
Probably living and working there is so much different...

Let's keep in touch for accommodation updates!
Reply 9
Yh I'll be paying overseas fees but I'm worried about the band choice I'll get.
Although living in the US is very different, but the I think the opportunity to get a job there is easier.

Although living in the US is very different, but the I think the opportunity to get a job there is easier.

Business Analytics course is "sponsored" by IBM! I'LL GET THERE SOME WAY!

Let's see what happens for accommodation... When is result day in UK? I read somewhere that they'll wait all results before assigning rooms...
Business Analytics course is "sponsored" by IBM! I'LL GET THERE SOME WAY!

Thats a great advantage to have for sure!!

Results day in the UK are near the end of august I guess, so there's still some time before room allocations are sent :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Would anyone be interested in making a Facebook group for 2016 Surrey Postgrads? We can all share resources and help, etc.
Seems like a good idea! Share the link!
Search Surrey Postgraduates 2016 and it should show up!
Original post by Valmont1000
Search Surrey Postgraduates 2016 and it should show up!

Nope...Screenshot_2016-06-10-20-47-48.png
Reply 16
Yeah, I got nothing when I searched as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is so strange. All the settings look fine. Would someone else mind trying?
Original post by Valmont1000
This is so strange. All the settings look fine. Would someone else mind trying?

I've tried too, nothing comes up in the search :/
Reply 19
Why don't you just share the link? that would probably work :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending