The Student Room Group

AQA Music GCSE exam 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 11easkry
i guess that's true, anyone going to take it next year?

Yeah taking AS but Edexcel
I found that exam so difficult and I honestly think I've failed it
what was the last question?
Original post by amber-chow
what was the last question?

I cant get no, Satisfaction
Reply 24
Original post by claire_22
I found that exam so difficult and I honestly think I've failed it

Don't worry I found it most challenging one ever.
Put it like this, if you've got half marks or near half marks, the lowest you've got in that exam is a A I reckon because the boundaries will be low.
Your coursework should pull your mark up anyway!
Original post by sasdf
Don't worry I found it most challenging one ever.
Put it like this, if you've got half marks or near half marks, the lowest you've got in that exam is a A I reckon because the boundaries will be low.
Your coursework should pull your mark up anyway!

I don't think my coursework will, because I completely messed up Unit 4, and I went really wrong in my performance and I wasn't allowed to redo it. I think I may just have to accept the fact that I've failed music. At least I never have to do it again.
There is mixed discussion, a lot said the boundaries will be low as it was hard.😀
It was okay, aiming for an A* in music. Definitely agree with the person who said the 6 markers were dry, I was hoping to talk about rhythm but nope :'(
The questions about texture were easy for me and same with the ones where you had to identify the type of chord but the modulation one, wtf??

Last year's grade boundary for an A* was 51 I think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what the song was called in question four? I'm talking about the song with the female singer and acoustic guitar.
Original post by JesseW182
It was okay, aiming for an A* in music. Definitely agree with the person who said the 6 markers were dry, I was hoping to talk about rhythm but nope :'(
The questions about texture were easy for me and same with the ones where you had to identify the type of chord but the modulation one, wtf??

Last year's grade boundary for an A* was 51 I think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah will probably be a similar boundary, so am I (for the a*).I put D major.
Original post by Covcity5300
Does anyone know what that piano piece was called?

I'm pretty sure it was Gymnopedie No. 1 by Eric Satie, I think it's that because I've played it before so I was SO happy it came up.
Original post by finn_boulton
I'm pretty sure it was Gymnopedie No. 1 by Eric Satie, I think it's that because I've played it before so I was SO happy it came up.

yeah it was Erik Satie
Who got modulation one? I put C major ;/
I put E minor for the modulation because it turned minor towards the end and that was the relative minor to G major - does anyone know what this piece is called tho it's been bugging me

:tong:
Original post by Covcity5300
Does anyone know what that piano piece was called?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xm7s9eGxU Erik Satie, Gymnopedie No.1
Reply 35
Original post by Gcsesarecool
Yes🙋🙋🙋

Yep i checked the tab and C was right thank god
Reply 36
Original post by Gcsesarecool
What did you put for the pitched melodic instrument?

pitched percussion? i put xylophone
Reply 37
Original post by Naomi265
I put E minor for the modulation because it turned minor towards the end and that was the relative minor to G major - does anyone know what this piece is called tho it's been bugging me

:tong:

Im pretty sure thats right- but i miss counted and put F minor instead whoops
Reply 38
Original post by sasdf
Yeah same lol we have just done practice paper, no advice on melody or anything.
I thought the 6 markers were a bit dry, I didn't have too much to write.
The pop music was easier than the world and classical.
Don't Look Back in Anger was the only nice question imo.
The rest was pretty harder, harder than the other years.

What interval did you get for dont look back in anger? i was really stuck between a fourth and a fifth aaah i think i put 5th in the end
I found it super difficult - hoping the grade boundaries will be as low as last year or 2011. Aiming for an A* as I got full marks in the coursework but I'm not sure if I'll get it anymore. I'm glad some others found it hard too- thought I was the only one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending