The Student Room Group

Edexcel Music GCSE 10th June

Scroll to see replies

I found it ok but a lot of people in my class found it really hard. Loved the Handel question at the end though, one of my favourite pieces to do a long answer on. Overall ok exam, my electric counterpoint answers were a bit rubbish though
Original post by Rebecca-Joseph
Piano over here too! What grade?

I haven't done any exam stuff in a while last time I did it was grade 4
Original post by purple_hair_girl
I haven't done any exam stuff in a while last time I did it was grade 4

Cool
Cool

What grade are you
About to do grade 6 exam but stopped for a while to focus more on GCSEs so I have a lot of catching up to do!
About to do grade 6 exam but stopped for a while to focus more on GCSEs so I have a lot of catching up to do!

That's really good
Original post by purple_hair_girl
That's really good

Thanks, you too!
What are we thinking the grade boundaries will be this year for a*?
what was the texture answer to peripetie?
Original post by nephilimdark
what was the texture answer to peripetie?

The multiple choice one? I put homophonic but idk if that's right......
what was the ornamentation of the piano part? lots of people I know said it was a turn but I thought it was a trill?
[QUOTE=turtlemoon;65675981]what was the ornamentation of the piano part? lots of people I know said it was a turn but I thought it was a trill?

Yeah it was trill or tremelo
Original post by chocolatefrog354
The multiple choice one? I put homophonic but idk if that's right......

Yep I think the answer was homophonic. At least that's what everyone said as well as my teacher
Original post by zeldor711
Would putting V be fine?

I don't know if someone's already replied but yep, usually the mark scheme allows roman numerals
Original post by Andreahdlfuente
Piano, flute and trumpet. You?

Nice one, I play piano and trumpet too!!!
Original post by nut3lla8
What are we thinking the grade boundaries will be this year for a*?

Isn't it usually around 90% for the listening? My teacher said I could only lose 8 marks to get the A* (but coursework may bring the grades up I suppose)
(edited 7 years ago)
I did absolutely terrible looking at that mark scheme. I think I have failed music now, it was the worst day ever, I had an exam clash, didn't get to eat, felt horrible in the exam and forgot absolutely everything.
Original post by Griffindor18
Isn't it usually around 90% for the listening? My teacher said I could only lose 8 marks to get the A* (but coursework may bring the grades up I suppose)

It's 70/80 for an A*; disregarding coursework which are also really high boundaries - perhaps your teacher subbed your coursework in and that's how many marks you could afford to lose.
Original post by DontSweatIt
It's 70/80 for an A*; disregarding coursework which are also really high boundaries - perhaps your teacher subbed your coursework in and that's how many marks you could afford to lose.

He said it as a sweeping statement to the class but thanks for the clarification!

Quick Reply

Latest