The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Science B4 B5 B6 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Chemistry 4 5 6 Thread is now up and running. I will be updating it.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4156697
Guys for the question whcih said name another product from microorganisms i said methane is that correct? i also chose Cillian for the last page
Original post by Natalie_Loi
they are talking about different things at the last question for part A should be Amy ( holding food)
For part b is talking about baby such as grasping reflex

I said suckling would i still get the mark?
Original post by tereziscool
LOVED THAT.
I really did.

I did mess up in the ratio question argh >:frown: i put 1:640
oh well. one mark then.

It is 1:640 lol
Doesnt 1:640 mean one in 640 people? its a 2 mark question i dont see why OCR should be mean and make it 1:139 :frown:
Original post by HateOCR
Doesnt 1:640 mean one in 640 people? its a 2 mark question i dont see why OCR should be mean and make it 1:139 :frown:

1:640 means for every one person affected, 640 people are not effected. Therefore the answer should have been 1:139 but I reckon the mark scheme will allow 1:640.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HateOCR
It is 1:640 lol

Wouldn't it be 1:639? Because you need to take away the affected people from the world population to get the amount of unaffected people
Original post by eviemason
Surely though you could put 1/640, I've seen on previous mark schemes that you can put a fraction for a question asking about ratio.

Ah, if previous mark schemes were okay with it then you can probably still get the mark. Was it one mark or two? If it was two you might be given 1 of the marks.

Original post by 47Frenzy
couldn't you technically say both though?
You could say it affects 1 person every 640 (out of 640 people it will affect 1 person) people but also 1 person for every 639 other people

edit:
nvm I get it now because you had to put it in a ratio **** lol

As the other guy said, they might give you the mark anyway, and if not it was only one or two marks.

Original post by Char4ncubex
I said that stage A was meiosis to create gametes then stage C was mitosis cos it showed a tadpole with an arrow pointing to a grown frog so I was thinking mitosis is used to growth. I thought stage B was just fertilisation cos it was just a fertilised egg... I could be wrong
I put that too, pretty sure the revision guide made a point to say that egg and sperm joining together (ie stage B) does not involve cell division, so it should definitely be right.
Original post by tereziscool
I put Amy as the reflex modify...thing...question.Any one else?Or am I completely wrong.
Yeah I got that too. The one next to Amy also seemed to describe the thing correctly, but it said "choose the best explanation" and Amy's was more detailed so I picked her's.
Original post by 123 123
Guys !! I talked about enzymes at different temperature and pH levels in the B4 6 mark question, is this right or was I expected to write about photosynthesis ?
Yeah I did that too.
Original post by rkp123
I'm just mad at myself for doing the straight line of best fit instead of a curve!!

Also, what did you guys get for the mice/MS/stem cell why can't they be used question?

Ikr:angry:
Original post by eviemason
Bet you are glad you did now :wink:

HAHA YES! :danceboy:
Reply 210
What were the answers for the three tick boxes
The first which was what do animal and plant and yeast cells have in common but bacteria cells do not the answer is Mitochondria
And the last question was what do they all have in common which is a cell membrane
What was the second one ?
Original post by Mo128
What were the answers for the three tick boxes
The first which was what do animal and plant and yeast cells have in common but bacteria cells do not the answer is Mitochondria
And the last question was what do they all have in common which is a cell membrane
What was the second one ?

First one was what don't bacteria have - mitochondrion
Second one was what do neither animals or yeast cells have - circular piece of DNA
Last one was what do all 3 have - cell membrane
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE AN UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME. PLEASE, because I AM S*** MYSELF
Original post by NiamhM1801
First one was what don't bacteria have - mitochondrion
Second one was what do neither animals or yeast cells have - circular piece of DNA
Last one was what do all 3 have - cell membrane

Second one was wrong, yeast have a circular dna check the textbooks
Original post by HateOCR

it's not wrong the specification says circular dna is only for bacteria cell
Original post by HateOCR

Look in the revision guide. Yeast have a nucleus.
Yeast have a nucleus, bacteria have circular DNA.
Original post by HateOCR

No yeast have a nucleus...
ANYONE HAVE THE UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME :smile:

I found the exam good not much to do with B6 which i was so happy with LOL
Did you guys choose the umbilical cord as a better alternative because it contains embryonic stem cells??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending