The Student Room Group

Boyfriend refusing to meet me half way

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawtyb
doesnt on mine :/

Go into Facebook ''See all'' and click on a specific conversation and scroll up it will say ''Load older messages'' and then a figure will follow.
Original post by Anonymous
Nope couldn't even tell you one of his friends names.

if he doesnt even talk about any of his friends, then he is being weird as f***. Sounds like he has something to hide. I
(edited 7 years ago)
5000? My jaw just hit the ground. This is either a case of a sponger or a guy totally afraid of commitment at this point in time. The blank response you receive when asking him probably leans towards the latter. No doubt he probably DOES like you very much, but many see introducing their partners to their family as a big thing. It might mean to them that things are getting serious, and that may well freak him out.

However, you simply cannot keep forking out time after time and getting nothing back. If this guy is freaking out then you need to talk and sort out whether he's the one for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have received just since i told him earlier today 37 phone calls and 54 messages.

Probably spends more money on his phone bill than he did me.
I have received just since i told him earlier today 37 phone calls and 54 messages.

omg he sounds very needy that is ridiculous, what does his messages say?
What did he expect when he told you he was gay? if someone told me that i would have been angry about being strung along and wasting my time and money and dumped them too.
He could have atleast given you space before contacting you to explain but that is ridiculous clogging up your phone like that.

There is not much more to be achieved here other than for more people to tell you that he is a waste of time. You can always send him a message and tell him to not bother contacting you, and ask that he deletes your number.
Original post by chikane
omg he sounds very needy that is ridiculous, what does his messages say?
What did he expect when he told you he was gay? if someone told me that i would have been angry about being strung along and wasting my time and money and dumped them too.
He could have atleast given you space before contacting you to explain but that is ridiculous clogging up your phone like that.

''Please reply''
''I didn't mean it''
''You are my world''
''Sorry for the way i have treated you''
Have you blocked his number?
''Please reply''
''I didn't mean it''
''You are my world''

Again.. not really saying anything new here. I think Chikane could spot that from a mile away, and doesn't really need convincing :tongue:
''Please reply''
''I didn't mean it''
''You are my world''

... he didnt mean that he was gay? Wthhh is he hoping for here, whats left to say? It sounds pretty suspect, but he obviously knew saying he was gay would break you up. :s-smilie:
''Please reply''
''I didn't mean it''
''You are my world''

Shame he dosent want to show you off to the world.
Original post by chikane
Shame he dosent want to show you off to the world.

..Or meet his family. Or share expenses with you. Or stop having or thinking about sex with other men while in a relationship with you. Sounds like you met a real keeper. Not.
Good Evening All.

I have been in a relationship for the past 9 months with my boyfriend he is refusing to introduce me to his friends and his family.

I have paid now 7 times...for a Hotel to see him for several weeks at a time costing me over £5000 (I work full time and so does he) i have never been to his house nor met any of his friends.

Anytime i bring up this i get a blank response and he changes the subject.

What am i meant to do? I love this guy HUGELY, and he messages me first in the morning and last at night and just looking through our Facebook chats and we we have had over 193,000 messages.

I get ''I love you so much'' several times throughout the day argh please help!

Am i wasting my money? , he doesn't earn anything like i do but when i do visit he pays for some meals for me etc.

Sounds like you're a mistress.
Reply 73

I have paid now 7 times...for a Hotel to see him for several weeks at a time costing me over £5000 (I work full time and so does he) i have never been to his house nor met any of his friends.

Jesus Christ.

What am i meant to do? I love this guy HUGELY, and he messages me first in the morning and last at night and just looking through our Facebook chats and we we have had over 193,000 messages.

God almighty.
Reply 74
Maybe he's married.

Or maybe he doesn't have any friends.

Very intriguing. Please let us know what the problem was if you ever find out.

Edit: The gay claim is obviously a lie (he'd have paraded you around if he was only with you to pretend that he wasn't gay).

I think you should hire a private investigator so you can tell us what really happened.
(edited 7 years ago)
I have hired a private investigator to follow him around they will get back to me next Wednesday with their findings.
I have hired a private investigator to follow him around they will get back to me next Wednesday with their findings.

Hope this is a joke/troll.

How much did that cost?
Good Evening All.

I have been in a relationship for the past 9 months with my boyfriend he is refusing to introduce me to his friends and his family.

Anytime i bring up this i get a blank response and he changes the subject.

I get ''I love you so much'' several times throughout the day argh please help!

Am i wasting my money? , he doesn't earn anything like i do but when i do visit he pays for some meals for me etc.

maybe he's scared of the commitment and thinks meeting family/friends is too intense because when you get in with the family, it pertains to something serious, y'know what i mean? my ex was similar - though i did eventually meet his family and friends, he would be really standoffish about inviting me to big family events or attending any of mine. i think it's a commitment thing. we broke up and was partly due to my frustration at feeling isolated and left out -- almost like i was a chore and he didn't really want me around or involved. i loved him to bits. it sucked.

boys are silly.
:angry:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chikane
How much did that cost?

£550.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending