The Student Room Group

How hard are Uni subjects??

How hard is uni? Got any tips? Got any stories? lets hear it! :smile:

Bonus points for anyone studying Business Management with Finance at Swansea or elsewhere.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Themini
How hard is uni? Got any tips? Got any stories? lets here it! :smile:

Bonus points for anyone studying Business Management with Finance at Swansea or elsewhere.

Depends on the course, it is going to be harder but it is easily manageable particularly in first year if you have a solid working pattern
Reply 2
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Depends on the course, it is going to be harder but it is easily manageable particularly in first year if you have a solid working pattern

What course are you studying? How did you find the first year?
Original post by Themini
What course are you studying? How did you find the first year?

I read history at the University of Warwick. I've achieved mostly firsts, with two being at 81.

It goes like this at uni for marking- which is different to A level in essay subjects.

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/history/students/assessment/marking/

As you can see it is very different, I have however enjoyed first year profoundly.
Reply 4
Original post by Magnus Taylor
I read history at the University of Warwick. I've achieved mostly firsts, with two being at 81.

It goes like this at uni for marking- which is different to A level in essay subjects.

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/history/students/assessment/marking/

As you can see it is very different, I have however enjoyed first year profoundly.

Wow that's mad. So how do you even prepare for assignments/ exams?? There aren't any past papers are they?
Original post by Themini
Wow that's mad. So how do you even prepare for assignments/ exams?? There aren't any past papers are they?

Yeah there are past papers for exams, you use the lecture/seminar to provide the foundation for assignments- then further reading to provide the knowledge for the essay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending