The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry B (Salters) F334/F335 Exam Thread 2016 (14th/22nd June)

Scroll to see replies

Hey!

I m predic
Hey!

I'm predicted an A* only cuz of good AS, but f335 and f334 is a different game!
Seem impossible!

Please guys can I get help on improving calculation questions as I lose 6+ marks always!
Also electrode potentials e.g. combining 3 ecell half equations, which 2 do you pick?? why are those 2 feasible and not other combinations?

Will not thank you enough if you help!!
Original post by Marli-Ruth
I'm predicted an A too but doubt it's gonna happen with PSYA4 on the same bloody day 😭😪😑🔫 how are you revising?
I'm just doing past paper questions and looking through the revision guide really..

That must suck!
I'm doing mainly CGP revision, some youtube videos.
How you finding f335 revision?

Oh and btw: how do you pick out of 3 e cell half equations which to combine and which will be feasible? and why will they be feasible and not the other combo's?

Also how you preparing for the calculation questions?
I'm predicted an A too but doubt it's gonna happen with PSYA4 on the same bloody day 😭😪😑🔫 how are you revising?
I'm just doing past paper questions and looking through the revision guide really..

I just go over notes and recite things to myself haha, then I do past papers and old spec/other spec questions on the topic to ensure I know it! To be fair F334 is the one I hate so I'm not looking forward to it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Justtryingtolive
That must suck!
I'm doing mainly CGP revision, some youtube videos.
How you finding f335 revision?

Oh and btw: how do you pick out of 3 e cell half equations which to combine and which will be feasible? and why will they be feasible and not the other combo's?

Also how you preparing for the calculation questions?

Ooo could you link me some good YouTube videos! Need all the help I can get tbh :frown:

And I think you have to work out the E-cell- if it's positive then the reaction is feasible! If negative then it's not feasible and normally they tell you what the reaction is so you have to work it out from there... (e-cell = reduced - oxidised) Or they will say something like why does cell A react with cell B and not cell C and then you can say something like E cell of A and B is positive so reaction is feasible but E cell of A and C is negative so reaction doesn't occur xx

Double check this though lol I'm not that smart
Reply 25
Ooo could you link me some good YouTube videos! Need all the help I can get tbh :frown:

And I think you have to work out the E-cell- if it's positive then the reaction is feasible! If negative then it's not feasible and normally they tell you what the reaction is so you have to work it out from there... (e-cell = reduced - oxidised) Or they will say something like why does cell A react with cell B and not cell C and then you can say something like E cell of A and B is positive so reaction is feasible but E cell of A and C is negative so reaction doesn't occur xx

Double check this though lol I'm not that smart

What you said is correct :smile:.

anyone else here re-doing F332 on friday?
chem is giving me so much anxiety ffs
Original post by sharp018
chem is giving me so much anxiety ffs

Me and you both
I'm stressed
lol revised a lot for chemistry during easter, but all my geography and psychology revision has made me forget everything, how am I going to relearn all of this :confused:
Learning all the content is one thing, applying it to the ridiculous questions is another
Reply 31
Guys I need help with eveything 😣😣😣
Reply 32
Original post by thelizzister
lol revised a lot for chemistry during easter, but all my geography and psychology revision has made me forget everything, how am I going to relearn all of this :confused:

Thats exactly me plus i went on holiday in easter which was so stupid
I really qant a group chat for the last few days before the exam where we all share our knowledge anyone up for it??
Reply 33
Original post by kosvengali
Yes I think a group chat will be so helpful right now, I second this.

Take my email and ill send my whatsapp number
If anyone wants to join please email me but first private message me
Predictions for any longer 4/5/6 mark questions?

I'm predicted an A but really hoping for an A* - the grade boundaries, despite all of Salters' devilishness, are always quite forgiving. I'm relying on this, anyway!

Does anyone know of a good resource/ youtube video etc which helps with the more complex maths questions? I dropped maths at GCSE and chemistry is my only science so I find the mathematical side (particularly the less straight forward ones) quite tricky.

Thanks!
Original post by Mb145
Thats exactly me plus i went on holiday in easter which was so stupid
I really qant a group chat for the last few days before the exam where we all share our knowledge anyone up for it??

Yes please
Definitely!!!
Group chat!!
Yes please
Definitely!!!
Group chat!!

Add meeeee
What do people think is the hardest paper out of F334? After the 2015 one obviously haha
June 2014
Original post by kosvengali
June 2014

Yeah Ive done that one like 3 times haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending