The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Goldsmith (and Roehampton) -Journalism- Someone please help.

Okay so i have gotten four offers so far, UEL, Bangor, Goldsmiths and Roehampton; Roehampton and Goldsmiths are the two particularly that has my interest (it's for journalism undergrad) Goldsmiths accommodation has a deadline for tomorrow and i need to make it my firm in order to make an application for it. Roehampton would probably be my insurance then i have the 14 day cooling period to switch it up if needed. However the thing that is putting me off Goldsmiths is how expensive accommodation as i wouldn't have any help from parents and would struggle when it comes to affording food etc.. Roehampton has a more affordable accommodation situation and they also don't have a deadline for applying. The open days are next weekend for goldsmiths which i am attending then i'm going to go to roehampton to look around also to see which i feel; more comfortable at. Can someone tell me the best thing to do in this situation? would be greatly appreciated, or if you're doing Journalism at other of these courses please inbox me as i have questions!
Original post by ConnorT.P
Okay so i have gotten four offers so far, UEL, Bangor, Goldsmiths and Roehampton; Roehampton and Goldsmiths are the two particularly that has my interest (it's for journalism undergrad) Goldsmiths accommodation has a deadline for tomorrow and i need to make it my firm in order to make an application for it. Roehampton would probably be my insurance then i have the 14 day cooling period to switch it up if needed. However the thing that is putting me off Goldsmiths is how expensive accommodation as i wouldn't have any help from parents and would struggle when it comes to affording food etc.. Roehampton has a more affordable accommodation situation and they also don't have a deadline for applying. The open days are next weekend for goldsmiths which i am attending then i'm going to go to roehampton to look around also to see which i feel; more comfortable at. Can someone tell me the best thing to do in this situation? would be greatly appreciated, or if you're doing Journalism at other of these courses please inbox me as i have questions!

Goldsmiths have an accommodation hall (Batavia mews) thats £110 a week if you're that worried about cost.

How about you get a job? I'm starting in September to study Education, Culture and Society and will be living in McMillan Student village and its £156 a week. Now, taking that away from my loan, I'll only have like £20 a week to live on (although I've been working over the summer and have managed to save up £200-£300 so it pushes it up to around £25 a week). Luckily my parents will be supporting me until I find one, they're working class and have saved some uni money for me bless em'.

I was in the same situation as you as I was stuck between roe and goldsmiths but I preferred the course modules Goldsmiths offers and felt more comfortable there so put it as my firm.

I say pick the university you prefer and feel more comfortable with :smile:

Since you have no parental support you should be entitled to a full loan, no?
(edited 7 years ago)
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending