The Student Room Group

AQA History B: Unit 2

As we should all hopefully know Unit 2 is around the corner being next week (Tuesday 14th, 1:30PM).

So after the blessing that was Unit 1 (praise be hallelu) I feel very skeptical about the Unit 2 paper. But predictions went really well for last week, so maybe we can work our magic for this paper to so what do you think will come up?

I'm personally doing From Tsarism to Communism, The New Deal and The War in Vietnam and there is apparently a possibility of guerrilla warfare tactics resurging in the Vietnam section as it hasn't been asked in a while. Your thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I'm not sure about the Vietnam questions because I dont do the same topics as you. I just wanted to ask if you knew how to structure exam responses please,
Reply 2
Original post by LieutenantJ
Hi,

I'm not sure about the Vietnam questions because I dont do the same topics as you. I just wanted to ask if you knew how to structure exam responses please,

Absolutely! I have a powerpoint all the information if you'd like that?
I do similar topics to you, however, I do Topic 3: The Roaring 20s, which is rather easy. I do struggle with the Vietnam War, I suppose guerrilla warfare might play a big part in this exam paper? Unfortunately, if that’s true, that is bad news for me as guerrilla warfare is what I struggle with the most in the Vietnam War.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

Hey, check out this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4006177 I've posted essay structures. :h:
Original post by ValVettore
Absolutely! I have a powerpoint all the information if you'd like that?

Yes please. Thank you!

Thank you!
(edited 7 years ago)
Is anyone doing Roaring 20's, Nazi Germany and the Race relations in the USA ( Civil Rights)
Reply 7
Yes please. Thank you!

Thank you!

Right, I'm going to upload them onto Google Drive so anyone can access that in a couple of hours. The sample answers are specific to my topics, however the slides on what you have to include in a 4, 6, 10 usw. mark question is still the same for anyone.

I'll also upload some of the revision powerpoints for my topic for anyone who is doing the same ones I am.
I'm doing Weimar republic, Nazi Germany and Vietnam
I'm doing from Tsardom to Communism, Race relations and Hitler's Germany. What's everyone else doing?
I'm doing Weimar Germany, Hitler's Germany and Race Relations
Reply 11
Yes please. Thank you!

Thank you!

For everyone who is doing my three topics (From Tsarism to Communism/New Deal/Vietnam) I've already uploaded the powerpoint on Tsarism and the other two will be uploaded as soon as humanly possible. But for everyone else, the Exam Technique/Practice is up there but as I had said previously, the examples and samples are all for my units but the info on what is required is the same for everyone.https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2jUyzfSsrp6Q204X3ZFdGtQMkU
Any revision summary notes or anything revision related to the Roaring 20s/New Deal/Vietnam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by dexterminate
Any revision summary notes or anything revision related to the Roaring 20s/New Deal/Vietnam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the link I posted I've uploaded New Deal as well as my topics.
Vietnam is currently being made by me as we speak but hopefully I'll finish by 5AM. If not then, it will definitely be up by this evening.
Original post by ValVettore
On the link I posted I've uploaded New Deal as well as my topics.
Vietnam is currently being made by me as we speak but hopefully I'll finish by 5AM. If not then, it will definitely be up by this evening.

Thanks bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roughly how many marks/percentage would i need for this unit 2 exam for an A/A* as I got an A* 38/40 in the CA and assuming I got an A* in my unit 1.
Really confused someone help pleaseeee
Original post by Humaid00
Roughly how many marks/percentage would i need for this unit 2 exam for an A/A* as I got an A* 38/40 in the CA and assuming I got an A* in my unit 1.
Really confused someone help pleaseeee

The grade boundaries for both papers average around about 80% for A* and 70% for A.

The CA grade boundaries are higher, around 36 for A* and around 32 for A.
Original post by sulaimanali
The grade boundaries for both papers average around about 80% for A* and 70% for A.

The CA grade boundaries are higher, around 36 for A* and around 32 for A.

Thanks
Original post by Humaid00
Thanks

Welcome. :smile:
Exam technique help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending