The Student Room Group

The Milo Yiannoppulos anti-cultural Marxism phenomenon

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sisuphos
I strongly dislike his style and most of his views on most issues. That's probably because, as he himself says, he's a provocateur. He's basically a successful troll. But he's jingoistic and ill informed, he LOVES prejudice and stereotype and that's why right-wingers love him. He satirises and express prejudices even about himself. Which is a good thing in my book but doesn't detract from the fact that he's clownish about matters which affect the lives of millions of people.

What matters? The "massacres" that happen as a direct result of him speaking?
Ahhhh Milo. I am a mildly left leaning liberal and I am a fan of him. He is a quick-witted and highly entertaining provocateur. If you want a serious discussion he may or may not choose to respond in kind.

The thing about him is that he often speaks in unnecessarily hyperbolic, bombastic and provocative fashion. BUT, there is often more than a grain of truth to his words on the so-called 'regressive left' and feminism. Though I can see the reason why he supports Trump, I personally don't agree with him on that and on a few other things and I have seen him do things that he actually ciriticises the 'regressive left' for doing.

His critics often try to dismiss him as a racist/bigot/homophobe, but in reality, amongst unnecessary provocativeness and hyperbole, he does have a lot of good things to say on multiple issues and the allegations of racism etc made against him have no factual basis.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by admonit
So the origin of Jesus is not important? OK then. :cool:
BTW why do you think Christianity is called an Abrahamic religion?

Because all 3 Abrahamic religions come from Abraham.

Jesus Christ being a Jew has nothing to do with why he's worshipped.
Ahh, Milo "temper tantrum to Barack Obama after losing twitter tick" Yiannopoulos.

Anyone else remember the time he made a long, impassioned post defending neo nazis, saying they were just provocateurs, and didn't really believe any of that stuff, and the neo nazis turned around and told him to **** right off? I kind of feel like that perfectly summarises everything about the man. He's a convenient mouthpiece through which the alt-right can deflect accusation of racism and homophobia by virtue of his race and sexual orientation, and he's not even fooling them.

Also, cultural marxism is a literal nazi conspiracy, and people still believe in in 2016. Lol. Somebody give Goebbels a medal :')
Original post by WBZ144
*yawns* the usual type of rant from a right-wing, MGTOW, Yiannopoulos supporter which kills brain cells, nothing new.

That pigeonholing...
First understand that Karl Marx was a Jew

Marxist ideologies in reality have lead to deadly terrorism, purges, murder and genocide.

Am I wrong?

Marxism advocates destruction and this is why the EU, full of Marxists (look up EU's foreign policy chief) are intent on destroying European descent people.

It is also why the people who resist this, are called fascists..

After all many those who resisted the communist regime sweeping Europe were called that.

Now I don't know if Marxism was created on purpose to destroy us but around the time was created you also had the Zionist movement building momentum.

I heard Karl Marx himself was very interested in creating a Jewish state. He was likely a Zionist.

Here's a name you should research. Moses Hess.

He was a Zionist, a friend and collaborator of his fellow Jew, Karl Marx.

You wont find Israel being full of Marxists because Marxism was made for us, to weaken and destroy us.

They teach you to be cultural Marxists yet advocate nationalism, ethnic nationalist btw for their own people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The Epicurean
I shall be quoting from Bruce Metzgers book "The Text of the New Testament". This is the first edition and is from pages 99 and 100. Here is what Bruce writes about the Textus Receptus created by Erasmus in the 16th century:

So literally, many verses in the Textus Receptus were literally created by Erasmus in the 16th century. How can you argue that Greek texts invented by Erasmus in the 16th century are more reliable than the Greek manuscripts we now use, with some dating to within 30 years of the originals?

You're using the word Invented wrongly here because the manuscripts are 95% similar to the original Bible in common Greek. So It isn't necessarily more reliable, but it is just as reliable. It also doesn't change the fact that Catholics are unscriputaraly going against Bible verses such as 1st Timothy 2 verse 5 about Jesus being the only link between God and man, and not Mary.

And verses about Jesus being the only person that can absolve you of your sins, not priests or bishops as catholics believe.
Original post by Listers
You're using the word Invented wrongly here

He created these verses that he didn't have available. They were not copied from earlier Greek Sources. These were Greek sentences that had never existed before and have absolutely no textual support.

because the manuscripts are 95% similar to the original Bible in common Greek.

I'm not sure where that figure of 95% comes from. But even if it were only 5% difference, some of those differences are rather major. For example the Textus Receptus contains a major problematic verse which could make major changes to the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, namely the Comma Johanneum. To borrow from Bruce Metzger again:

Among the criticisms levelled at Erasmus one of the most serious appeared to be he charge of Stunica, one of the editors of Ximenes' Complutensian Polyglot, that his text lacked part of the final chapter of 1 John, namely the Trinitarian statement concerning 'the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth'. Erasmus replied that he had not found any Greek manuscript containing these words, though he had in the meanwhile examined several others besides those he had relied when first preparing his text. In an unguarded moment Erasmus promised that he would insert the Comma Johanneum, as it is called, in future editions if a single Greek manuscript could be found that contained the passage. At length such a copy was found - or was made order! As it now appears, the Greek manuscript had probably been written in Oxford about 1520 by a Franciscan friar named Froy who took the disputed words from the Latin Vulgate. Erasmus stood by his promise and inserted the passage in his third edition (1522).

Among the thousands of Greek manuscripts of the New Testament examined since the time of Erasmus, only three others are known to contain this spurious passage. They are Greg. 88, a twelfth-century manuscript which has the Comma written in the margin in a seventeenth-century hand; Tisch. w 110, which is a sixteenth-century manuscript copy of the Complutensian Polyglot Greek text; and Greg. 629 dating from the fifteenth-[century].

So It isn't necessarily more reliable, but it is just as reliable.

Not at all. When it contains verses that have no textual support (the verses created by Erasmus), when it contains passages which are late additions to the Bible (Pericope Adulterae) and has verses which have the potential to alter Christian doctrine (Comma Johanneum), its reliability comes into question.

It also doesn't change the fact that Catholics are unscriputaraly going against Bible verses such as 1st Timothy 2 verse 5 about Jesus being the only link between God and man, and not Mary.

And verses about Jesus being the only person that can absolve you of your sins, not priests or bishops as catholics believe.

The debate regarding intercession is another debate. I always remember (when I was a Catholic), we would ask Saints to pray on our behalf. I've seen many Christians ask other people to pray for them, or people praying on other peoples behalf. Asking someone else to pray for you doesn't in any way contradict the verse in Timothy.

But whether other Catholics pray to saints, I don't know, but I imagine there might be Catholics who do this. But regardless of what the actual Catholic Church doctrine is here (as an ex-Catholic I disagree with certain aspects of the Churches dogma), my main issue here is that you claimed the Catholics add and subtract from the Bible, which I disagree with. Doctrinal issues regarding intercessory prayer, papal infallibility etc.. are not issues relating to addition or subtraction from the text.
Original post by DrLovejoy
We have had the media and education establishments become cultural Marxist indoctrination centres trying to brainwash people with things like feminism, false wage gap statistics, white privilege, a need to import people, "feminists" which trumpet Islam, safe spaces, trigger warnings, micro aggressions and micro issues that are non issues that need to be set up as issues, and then any opposition needs to be shut down by the progressive left. The progressive left generates people who act like Neanderthals who have a set of prejudiced and want to physically rip down anyone who does not support their prejudices.

This is all history now. It's dead. One leading figure who works for Donald Trump and who is a very popular ridiculer of the progressive left is Milo Yiannoppulos.

Anti-milo protesters "triggered":

He's mostly right about stuff he says about feminism, but not about race.

His own white privilege makes him ignorant to the real plight of minorities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nidhoggr

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is no such thing as white privilege.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What does he say about race that is wrong?
Milo is great. I don't agree with some of the stuff he has to say, but on feminism he is dead right.

This is what his opposition look like.

[video="youtube;Gy6spOAbxhg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy6spOAbxhg[/video]
Original post by The Good Doctor

Thanks my man.
Original post by The Good Doctor

I assume you think I was born yesterday if you think I am falling for that one.

Good day, sir.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I disagree with a lot of things the bloke says. like claiming that lesbians don't exist. However, I also agree with a lot and he is very entertaining.

I think it is good that he isn't afraid of stating a lot of home truths and for defending freedom of speech.
Original post by TercioOfParma
I disagree with a lot of things the bloke says. like claiming that lesbians don't exist. However, I also agree with a lot and he is very entertaining.

I think it is good that he isn't afraid of stating a lot of home truths and for defending freedom of speech.

I agree that like many conservatives he seems to think that we ought to be able to say literally anything. Apart from that, what else do you agree with him on? (what are the other "home truths"?) he's mostly outrageous and comically provocative.
Original post by Sisuphos
I agree that like many conservatives he seems to think that we ought to be able to say literally anything. Apart from that, what else do you agree with him on? (what are the other "home truths"?) he's mostly outrageous and comically provocative.

I agree with him on complete freedom of speech and the threat of islam. Probably other things too, but not that I can recall off the cusp.
I assume you think I was born yesterday if you think I am falling for that one.

Good day, sir.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would like to continue this conversation with you ASAP. Right after I fill in my white-privilege registration form for white only food stamps and of course, white only tax and law exemption.

You'd never guess what I found out the other day about my university engineering course... there are actually black people studying it too... and asians! Wtf?!? As I understood I thought only white people had the privilege of studying a degree at uni that will let them into a well paid job. God, they let anyone into uni now. We should return to the good old days!

:fuhrer:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending