The Student Room Group

Gcse aqa biology unit 2 higher

Scroll to see replies

Original post by etata
Are you sure it doubled?

It doesnt double like it said on the question it grows then seperates into 2
Original post by surina16
I couldn't even do the 1 mark question on how long the athlete had been running :-))))

Spoiler

Lol same I put 0.9 :s-smilie:
How did you find the exam?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nisha.sri
I got 0.9 :smile: Is that right ?

If the answer is 1, it is likely they could give a +/- 1, but I cant guarantee this
Original post by jazz_xox_
If the answer is 1, it is likely they could give a +/- 1, but I cant guarantee this

Oh ok :smile:
Reply 144
The time was 1.5 minutes. This was because at the start he didn't begin exercising until after the 0.5 minutes (as the graph stayed constant), and the blood flow to the muscles started to increase after the 0.5 minutes to 2 minutes and rapidly dropped . The rapid drop was when the person was trying to repay the oxygen debt which he had and that was by heavily breathing and that's why the concentration of lactic acid and blood flow to the muscles would start to decrease because the lactic acid would have been deoxidised to harmless CO2 and H20 and the blood flow can reach normal again. You had to subtract the 0.5 from 2 minutes and you would get 1.5.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 5h3bi
The time was 1.5 minutes. This was because at the start he didn't begin exercising until after the 0.5 minutes (as the graph stayed constant), and the blood flow to the muscles started to increase after the 0.5 minutes to 2 minutes and rapidly drop. The rapid drop was when the person was trying to repay the oxygen debt which he had and that was by heavily breathing and that's why the concentration of lactic acid and blood flow to the muscles would start to decrease because the lactic acid would have been deoxidised to harmless CO2 and H20 and the blood flow can reach normal again. You had to subtract the 0.5 from 2 minutes and you would get 1.5.

What did you get for the quadrat question?
Reply 146
Original post by Lucofthewoods
What did you get for the quadrat question?

I forgot but it gave you the dimensions in the question, it was basic maths and you would work from there. (Finding areas and stuff.)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 147
Original post by 5h3bi
The time was 1.5 minutes. This was because at the start he didn't begin exercising until after the 0.5 minutes (as the graph stayed constant), and the blood flow to the muscles started to increase after the 0.5 minutes to 2 minutes and rapidly dropped . The rapid drop was when the person was trying to repay the oxygen debt which he had and that was by heavily breathing and that's why the concentration of lactic acid and blood flow to the muscles would start to decrease because the lactic acid would have been deoxidised to harmless CO2 and H20 and the blood flow can reach normal again. You had to subtract the 0.5 from 2 minutes and you would get 1.5.

Surely the blood flow would rise to repay oxygen debt. He didnt have any oxygen debt because he was using aerobic respiration, hence why the blood flow increased to get oxygen to the muscles during exercise and the dramatic drop was due to the athlete no longer needing as much oxygen for the muscles. Could be wrong?
Reply 148
Original post by lilsadkitty
i thought the first thing i was organs so i wrote testes why is everyone saying meiosis

Posted from TSR Mobile
this is correct

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending