The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A Breadth of Physics (24th May 2016) Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adapttochangelad
55 won't be 90 us it will be like 82 or something

Nah the grade boundaries for A will probably be around 50 or lower, so it would be around 90 UMS, at least in my opinion with having done exams with OCR for so long.
Original post by Zakiiiii
i did all the papers, not one bit i remember came from the past papers, it was all new stuff... done flash cards too

thought that too about most questions, everyone else was in the same situation,
the grade boundaries will apparently be very low, ask your teachers for advice for depth, u have a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy, don't batter yourself about it, you can always resit in any case
Is there an official depth thread?
Original post by aadil10
Is there an official depth thread?

Made one!
what sort of raw score are people expecting the grade boundary for an A to be?
Overall most likely 70ish percent. I do hope that its lower. I got 45 in breadth :/ i need at least 50 to perhaps get an A overall
Original post by teachercol
Answers are now posted. I'm not allowed to post any of the questions!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4114965

Would you be able to do a similar thing for the depth paper from today please? Would be greatly appreciated! :smile:
Reply 527
Im expecting high grade boundaries for this, porbably around 55/70..does that seem fair for this paper?
Original post by voltz
Im expecting high grade boundaries for this, porbably around 55/70..does that seem fair for this paper?

No, grade boundaries are going to be extremely low seeing as the majority found it hard. Lowest boundaries were in 2014, where 59% was an A. Expect similar boundaries to this
Original post by snowiexo
No, grade boundaries are going to be extremely low seeing as the majority found it hard. Lowest boundaries were in 2014, where 59% was an A. Expect similar boundaries to this

No that would never happen. The exam was not that difficult.
My predicted Boundaries
A - 69% - 73%
B - 63% - 68%
C - 57% - 62%

That seems reasonable, looking at the old spec too.
Original post by mahmzo
No that would never happen. The exam was not that difficult.
My predicted Boundaries
A - 69% - 73%
B - 63% - 68%
C - 57% - 62%

That seems reasonable, looking at the old spec too.

For breadth or depth?
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
For breadth or depth?

Combined.
Original post by mahmzo
Combined.

I think it would be around 75% for an A overall tbh. I would agree with your % had everyone not found the last paper so easy.
I think it would be around 75% for an A overall tbh. I would agree with your % had everyone not found the last paper so easy.

Just remember when you say "Everyone", it's only people who are on student room. How many people is that like 100 maximum? There are 1000s of candidates sitting the exam lol
Original post by mahmzo
Just remember when you say "Everyone", it's only people who are on student room. How many people is that like 100 maximum? There are 1000s of candidates sitting the exam lol

But everyone in my year doing physics found it really good. Consider the fact that some of these people barely revised physics throughout the year. Well, who knows until grade boundaries are released.
PLEASE RESPONDSo paper 2 went so much better and I got 50 something out of 70, however due to my first paper I don't know if I'll even get a C overall, so I was wondering, is it possible that even though I'm dropping physics after AS level, I can do a resit in like September? Have OCR made resits for the new spec? Will it matter if I'm dropping it? Any response is greatly appreciated
But everyone in my year doing physics found it really good. Consider the fact that some of these people barely revised physics throughout the year. Well, who knows until grade boundaries are released.

Then there are people from my school where only 3 of us find it went well. The other odd 20 said bad xD.
That paper was quite tricky.
has anyone got/found the mark scheme for H156/01 breadth in physics for last years official summer exam? i've been looking for ages online but can't find it
Original post by mahmzo
I have it

Could u dm it to me? or would u ok w emailing it?

Quick Reply

Latest