The Student Room Group

Do universities respect a A* in Extended Project?

I got an A* in extended project on a topic which is basically covering some of the disciplines of Biomedical Sciences. Will universities respect that and lower my entry requirements if its specific grades they want at A2.
EPQ doesn't lower grade requirements at most unis. It shows that you have a great interest in something and you gained some rather important skills. It will help with UCAS points in clearing. Certain universities give an alternate offer if you have an EPQ e.g. I applied to Southampton who want A*AA however if I get an A in the EPQ they would allow A*AB or AAA.
Reply 2
Original post by Vikingninja
EPQ doesn't lower grade requirements at most unis. It shows that you have a great interest in something and you gained some rather important skills. It will help with UCAS points in clearing. Certain universities give an alternate offer if you have an EPQ e.g. I applied to Southampton who want A*AA however if I get an A in the EPQ they would allow A*AB or AAA.

Do you reckon since its 70 points which is a D at A2. On results day I have a C,D in my A2 subjects and the EPQ points, that some universities will offer me a foundation year place which requires 200 entry? Just want an opinion, I already have emailed the admissions tutor but they haven't yet got back to me
Original post by germanyone1
Do you reckon since its 70 points which is a D at A2. On results day I have a C,D in my A2 subjects and the EPQ points, that some universities will offer me a foundation year place which requires 200 entry? Just want an opinion, I already have emailed the admissions tutor but they haven't yet got back to me

What is your current situation? Are you only doing two A2 subjects and expecting low grades?
Reply 4
Original post by Vikingninja
What is your current situation? Are you only doing two A2 subjects and expecting low grades?

Already finished my History at C and extended project at A*. Doing Chemistry and citizenship studies this year and struggling with the citizenship. So im just wondering if it goes really bad, will they accept me onto the foundation year which is my offer with the extended project and chemistry at a D and history at a C. The university requirements for the course is 200 from A2 including chemistry soo...
Original post by germanyone1
Already finished my History at C and extended project at A*. Doing Chemistry and citizenship studies this year and struggling with the citizenship. So im just wondering if it goes really bad, will they accept me onto the foundation year which is my offer with the extended project and chemistry at a D and history at a C. The university requirements for the course is 200 from A2 including chemistry soo...

I would contact the uni if they would accept it since I'm unsure how all foundation degrees work because some are for people who didn't have the right subjects etc.

With the history and EPQ you have 170 points so I would think you could get onto it easily by points but again I don't fully understand how all foundation degrees work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending