The Student Room Group

What salary are you aiming to earn when you are 25?

When you're 25 years old, what salary do you expect to earning? Realistically

Scroll to see replies

I'll have just graduated so, realistically, not much. :lol:

Then again, I'm planning on going into charity work, so it's unlikely I'll be progressing much further than that, anyway. :hmmmm2:

Lower twenty thousands, maybe? :dontknow:
Around 20k, although since i d like to have my first child at that age could be on substantially less.
Reply 3
Hopefully if I manage to get into finance, I'll be earning around £70000 as a first year associate.
If I don't and go for accounting instead at a big4, then maybe £50000.
Reply 4
40K in London
£50000 at least, £80000 at most probably
I've recently turned 25 & I'm now on just over 23K per year. After tax, NI etc it's about 1550 per month. I don't have a mortgage & my car is by far my biggest outgoing so I'm living fairly comfortably although more money would be great.
I didn't go to uni so I've got no debts (other than my car).

Apparantly the UK average wage is about 26-27K so if you're earning that or above, especially in your twenties, then I'd say you're doing pretty well (except perhaps in London).
Reply 7
Original post by claireestelle
Around 20k, although since i d like to have my first child at that age could be on substantially less.

How old are you now ?

I'm surprised to see a western woman who doesn't want to spend her 20s just partying and riding the cock carousel. Good for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
25... that'd be the third year of work.

Starting salaries in my aspirational career tend to be in the 28k region... so maybe 30k? I honestly have no idea :lol:
Original post by Nidhoggr
How old are you now ?

I'm surprised to see a western woman who doesn't want to spend her 20s just partying and riding the cock carousel. Good for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

21, never been a partying person and i've been in a serious relationship for 2.5 years now (guess you could say i've skipped ahead to a 30 year olds mentality really).
If all goes to plan, I'll be a band 6 hospital pharmacist in the 2nd year of my diploma in Inner London, so I would be on approximately £31500, give or take.
£45000 or more
(edited 7 years ago)
hopefully by then i'd have properly learnt how to trade, so i'd be making about 20k a month (if i started now)
Reply 13
Original post by jbman690
hopefully by then i'd have properly learnt how to trade, so i'd be making about 20k a month (if i started now)

Defiantly not

90% of traders lose money in their first year.
My last salary I was on £24,000 per annum and I'm 26. I'm now looking for a lower salary

Posted from TSR Mobile
i know lol, because they dont learn, they just jump into it and they have **** risk management so yeah, why wouldn't they loose money?
(edited 7 years ago)
i know lol

Ok. If you know and are still willing to try, go for it!
Hopefully I'll be a student actuary then.. so around £36,000, then £52,000 after I fully qualify (should be the year after that, I think :mmm:) actually.. not entirely sure how the early years work to be honest, so I'd say around £36,000 anyway.
I'll hopefully be doing a PhD then so my salary will be whatever funding I get :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending