The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
[QUOTE="Stephangooner;65642887"]
Original post by aminxv
Y.M = stress/ strain

Stress= F (weight of masses applied: (mass x 9.81)) / A (using your value for d from question before)

Strain= Extension (from a previous question) / Original length (given in the question).

Divide your Stress Value by your strain value.

I made a dumb mistake on the zero error for the diameter question before, but I hope they will only penalize me in that question and award me

In trying to manage my time I completely forgot to times the mass by gravity to get the force:angry:. Did everything else right though.
In the end I guessed the last 5 MCQ
How many marks will I get ou of 4 for Youngs Modulus. 2/4?.

I'm sure you'll get 2/4. I made a dumb mistake on pretty much all of the questions because I didn't have time to check
What do you guys think grade boundaries will be like? According to my Physics teacher they will go down due to the fact that it's a new spec therefore we have less materials to use etc as well as the fact that both papers were fairly difficult.

I'm hoping for :
A - 51
B - 43
C -35
D - 28
E -24
Original post by Amar Chana
What do you guys think grade boundaries will be like? According to my Physics teacher they will go down due to the fact that it's a new spec therefore we have less materials to use etc as well as the fact that both papers were fairly difficult.

I'm hoping for :
A - 51
B - 43
C -35
D - 28
E -24

Tbh i think it would be slightly lower than that. :/
Only because they really threw people off with the amount of time taken to do the multiple choice questions. So much working out for 1 mark. take the question of the golf ball as an example and the one about impulse as well.
did this ****face say 51 for an A, ********!!? ive done way easier past paper without even revising and still got 11 marks above an A, this paper was ridiculous and i revised ( kinda) and i'm sure i got nowhere near 51 so plez staph trolling
Original post by PawanAviator
Tbh i think it would be slightly lower than that. :/
Only because they really threw people off with the amount of time taken to do the multiple choice questions. So much working out for 1 mark. take the question of the golf ball as an example and the one about impulse as well.

Exactly bro, so much working out just for 1 markers was really unreasonable, didn't AQA make a mistake on Q9 or something as well? That will be taken into account most likely so there's still hope
Original post by jbman690
did this ****face say 51 for an A, ********!!? ive done way easier past paper without even revising and still got 11 marks above an A, this paper was ridiculous and i revised ( kinda) and i'm sure i got nowhere near 51 so plez staph trolling

Yea I get you, I've just looked at grade boundaries from previous years, we did get pretty difficult papers so yea an A is probably much lower, sorry for the mistake.
Oh ok, you had me freaking scared lol
Reply 667
AQA paper 2 wasn't too bad. I don't know what people are worrying about. I am pretty certain it will be around 52-53 for an A (or slightly higher)
For those who found it hard, I am sure you didn't put in as much work as you should have done.
Good luck!!
:smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by Kaasi
AQA paper 2 wasn't too bad. I don't know what people are worrying about. I am pretty certain it will be around 52-53 for an A (or slightly higher)
For those who found it hard, I am sure you didn't put in as much work as you should have done.
Good luck!!
:smile: :smile: :smile:

Nah think about it g, its a new spec therefore we have less material to practice from, It was pretty hard according to the majority of students and teachers and there was a mistake on Q9. All these points added together will surely reduce grade boundaries significantly
Kaasi when you get your results i want to know what you got out of 140.

So people which grade would 30/140 be?
oh and can someone direct me to the aqa as chemistry thread? i cant seem to find it.
A will be 39-42 no lower :s but the GB for rest of grades will be very close like 28 for C etc..
Original post by Asad_2015
A will be 39-42 no lower :s but the GB for rest of grades will be very close like 28 for C etc..

I hope so, just pray init
Just kidding
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ChilliLemon
Guys, I have the paper, and have written my answers in it. If this post get 50 likes/thumbs up, i will upload it with my prediction for grade boundaries.

Thumbs up, rate me, follow me....

pls
Does anyone know how many marks I'll need over both papers to pass?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by megan-garner6

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Given the difficulty of the two papers and looking at last year's grade boundaries I'd say 50-56 out of 140
Original post by megan-garner6

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year, you had to get 49 in each paper to get an A. However, this year, we are doing a new spec. + there were no year 13 students who were retaking these papers + paper 2 was signifacntly harder than any of the papers from the previous years. Paper 1 was easy, so probably around 45 marks for an A. Paper 2 was hard, a lot harder than paper 1, I think (and I hope) that A is about 40 marks.
Reply 678
does anyone knows questions for physics 2 aqa paper 9 june
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lcolaco
does anyone knows questions for physics 2 aqa paper 9 june

I remember question 9... you had to cross it out.

Quick Reply